The Politics Thread

• Members

I love that that is his response because it is so him.  Trump is a great example of the human condition and all its downsides and that being his defense makes his denial semi-believable at least in this particular case.   We know Donald bases everything on looks, from his wives to his pageants and all points in between.  

This all goes hand in hand with his Carly Fiorina putdown from earlier in the year.   I will say one thing about Donald that I think we need more of:   candidates like him and Bernie who act and talk like real people for good or bad.   He's a person, insanity and all, but at least he is showing himself because he can't help not to.  

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think we're in an era of politicians generally saying what they think, but one of the reasons people are elected should be doing what is right rather than what they feel is best for themselves. And that's increasingly rare now. Not doing that puts you on the road to being Sarah Palin, wherever the hell she is now. 

• Members

I don't think any of the politicians say what they think because if they did Hillary would have told Donald before he starts grading people on looks he might want to look in the mirror.   And if she didn't say it someone somewhere would have because it is the most obvious 1st reaction to the idea that Donald and his haircut wants to be the judge of who is and isn't attractive.   No one does even though it has to be something half the population almost must be thinking.     Lets be honest:  someone with that haircut and that orange make-up has no business worrying about how other people look.   I really wish someone would but I am not sure who would be the best vehicle for that particular putdown. 

• Members

Chris Christie faces the possibility of indictment in relation to the Bridgegate scandal. The best part is that this misconduct charge was all brought on by a litigious private citizen, a retired firefighter, who wants Christie charged for failing to reopen the lanes in a timely manner.

Citizen’s Complaint Against Gov. Chris Christie Stuns New Jersey’s Legal World

• Members

Couldn't happen to a nicer piece of scum...another media darling too. They sure have great taste don't they? 

Women and Trump:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/donald-trump-2016-blue-collar-woman-214356

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/2016-sexual-assault-allegations-watershed-moment-for-women-214355

Gun-toting Trump supporters "protesting" against Democratic politicians. 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-supporter-armed-protest-dem

And Trump's team looking for more Mexicans to scapegoat:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-carlos-slim-media-attack

• Members

The latest accuser sounds like a phony to me.  As far as I can tell she went up to his hotel room and then was shocked when he assumed she went up there for sex.  Maybe I'm cynical but are there many other reasons you would visit a guy in his hotel room?   Then she turned him down and had the nerve to stay for dinner.    And it is not like she was this naive church goer, she was a reality show person, no doubt familiar with Hollywood and life in the big city.    I can believe all that happened, but in this case nothing happened.    Her tears sounded phony too, she was a bad actress once upon a time and that's how she got on a reality show.