Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So this is minor compared to everything else, but Trump and his team left the press behind. They didn't even know Trump was headed to St. Louis until Kellyanne tweeted it. It just made me think of how angry the press got when Hillary wouldn't let them travel with her when she was sick...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It's hard to know what Ivanka feels about all of this. The former Mrs. Trump, Ivana, has said that she single handedly raised the children until they were 21, at which time they went to work for Donald and developed a relationship with him. I believe that. Frankly, the children turned out too well for them to have been raised by Donald. Ivana is a great survivor: she got the hell out of Communist Czechoslovakia, worked tirelessly to build a modelling career in Canada, had a 13 year marriage with Donald that involved spearheading successful ventures for him as a corporate vice president (popular with employees and respected by third parties, Ivana's success seemed to be a part of their marriage collapsing as his ego couldn't take it) and captured the zeitgeist when she divorced him. Throw in old school central European values and an immigrant's iron discipline and it's no surprise that Ivana raised three children who got good grades, graduated Ivy League and stayed totally clean from substance abuse. 

Rosie O'Donnell's recent accidental meeting with Ivanka at Nobu in Manhattan is a case in point. Rosie describes Ivanka as "absurdly kind" and that she "smiled graciously" and that her husband was "warm and gracious"...Ivanka married a man very different from her father, which is interesting to me. Jared Kushner is certainly an ambitious young man, an observant Jew (who she converted for) but an obviously graceful person, both calm and reserved. 

Please register in order to view this content

It's clear the children are fierce defenders of their father - but it only seems to have occurred as Donald improved his post divorce relationship with Ivana. Donald Jr. didn't speak to Donald for a year after the divorce. It seems the children idolize and defend their father, the larger than life monolith...but the one they really love and protect is their mother and they may view an improvement in their relationship with their father as another way to protect their mother and honour her hard work through their success. 

I think Ivanka is deeply embarrassed...but he's still her father. Ivana raised those children admirably but the achilles heel of raising children admirably is you often instil a sense of loyalty into them. The Trump children's loyalty to their mother results in their loyalty to their father. They couldn't protect her from him when they were children - indeed, she protected them from him - but they can insulate her from him by showering him with the attention he so desperately craves. 

I genuinely believe the support Ivana has given Donald publicly in the last couple of years has been lip service and that she's happy to keep him on the periphery of her life and that protecting her children means offering him whatever attention she can bear to muster. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

I think this was obvious he wouldn't appear. I think this has more to do with Today and NBC. The Today Show still hasn't learned where replacing people are concerned. They get rid of Willie Geist and put him on Sunday morning because they dont want to get rid of him afraid he will succeed somewhere and bring in Bush. Now they have egg on their face once again.