The Politics Thread

• Members

THIS

All the last 48 hours has shown is just how craven and pathetic the Republican Elite are and how utterly despicable/deplorable the base is. 

He basically admitted that he assaulted pretty women because he's a star who can't help himself. Just listening to the tapes I get the sense he would have assaulted poor Ari if not for the cameras and perhaps Billy. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw a poll (pre-tape) that had Iowa 4 points ahead for Trump.

If he wins Iowa can this please be the death knell of the endless navel-gazing and masturbatory coverage over IA and NH voters and the endless, desperate parade of lousy candidates who camp out in those states for a year? I'm tired of the weird sense of entitlement doled out from voter bases that are more and more out of step with the country. 

• Members

It really is like rats fleeing a sinking ship but my guess self-preservation and trying to curb the contagion down the ballot is priority for Republicans right now.

I wonder whether there were any last minute changes made in regards to tonight's debate? It's town hall style right? Am I to assume all the questions have been culled by now or will there be a few more questions reflecting recent events?  

As I've said before, I only really look at polls once the debates have taken place, so I'll be keeping an eye out for what happens tonight as well as the aftermath. 

• Members

Interesting profile of Kellyanne Conway, done on the eve of Pussygate, only updated the night of. Insight into Trump's blinkered and myopic view of campaigning as nothing more than another PR tour - that is why his work ethic is nothing and why his ground game and preparation for November are nonexistent. Then there's Jared Kushner, the boy prince who past articles have indicated has developed a daddy/hero worship towards his father-in-law:

Edited by Vee

• Members

Deep down I wonder how Ivanka feels about all of this. 

The article you linked to a page or two ago mentioned that Conway's only real debate plans for Trump are to attack the Clintons, while other people wanted him to talk about policy or show contrition or what have you. Of course there's no point in trying to get Trump to do anything beyond ego and bile. He can't handle it. 

• Members

The big takeaway here for me also is the anonymous adviser griping that Conway lies about budgeting and such to appease super-cheap Trump. I think she is skilled at polling and talking fast and soothsaying Trump who has the mentality of a toddler, but it's clear she was way out of her depth trying to run a major campaign. Many have said it, there's no grown-up in the room.

I expect Trump to attack with everything from Juanita Broadderick to Monica tonight. He's too stupid to realize that this is not another dominance ritual, that doing that will kill him with a live audience, women and independents, and as the evening gets worse he will only get angrier and crazier. We've never seen anything like what's coming before and God willing we never will again.

• Members

I still wonder if he may pull a fakeout and be low-key, but I'm not sure he's capable, unless he's pumped full of tranquilizers. 

Apparently the GOP higher-ups are waiting for the debate to decide whether to support him. Craven to the end...

• Members

So more republican defections

"Reince Priebus cancels TV appearances, advises RNC staffers to "do what's best for them." It's every man for himself in the Republican party."

Carl I know you are a pessimist but this implosion of the GOP is a thing of beauty to watch. Sadly it had to come at the expense of putting the American people through one of the worst political stretches in history.

• Members

So it looks like the moderators came up with question and Hillary won coin toss and is answering first... 

I know the GOP is imploding and that is good for Hillary supporters. But... *pessimism alert*... Trump is in a position now where he can't sink much deeper. Hillary, on the other hand, is so close to the top, she can only fall from here.

Any responses to Bill's past and what she may or may not have done need to be calm, not defensive, and to the point. I'm sure her team is all over this and has a plan, but in the end, it comes down to her reaction and words in that particular moment.

His affairs aren't the issue for her. If history repeats itself, that will actually help her. It's the rumors that she tried to silence the women that I think she needs to be careful with. I want to believe that only hard core Trump supporters buy into that, but if someone is undecided, leaning Hillary, that stuff tonight could make a difference. 

• Members

I have a feeling it's going to be very ugly. It will probably have more drama than any soap has had in years.

I disagree! It can get much worse for Trump tonight. It all depends on what he does.

Reminds me of an Incredible Hulk episode where they plug David with tranquilizers only for the Hulk to appear anyways....LOL...much like what Trump will do tonight...implode more!

Former Apprentice producer....There are far more worse tapes out there

Cruz is complaining on why the tapes of Trump werent released sooner. Such an idiot for endorsing him....LOL