The Politics Thread

• Members

^ Twitter headlines from the newspaper and the reporter

A reply on twitter suggested what the headline *should* be:
BREAKING:  Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who was FIRST INDICTED 5 YEARS AGO AND HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY EVADING TRIAL, has been accused by seven current aides of taking bribes and abusing his office.

Article:

From the "Austin American-Statesman" newspaper

(Austin, Texas)

Top aides accuse (Republican) Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton of bribery, abusing office

By Tony Plohetski and Chuck Lindel

Posted Oct. 3, 2020, update Oct. 4, 2020

https://www.statesman.com/news/20201003/top-aides-accuse-texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-of-bribery-abusing-office

Details behind the spoiler tag:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/maga-world-blame-adulation-trump-covid-425624

Yet the base’s response mirrors the way Trump has instructed his followers to react to any pandemic-related news: downplay, craft optimistic storylines and accuse the Democrats and media of obfuscation and vitriol. It’s how the president has reacted to nearly every unwelcome pandemic-related development in recent months, whether it was early concerns over personal protective equipment and hospital space, or a death toll that recently surpassed 200,000.

“He works 20 hours a day. I think he’ll be tough,” said Mike Lindell, CEO of MyPillow and a Trump surrogate flirting with the Minnesota governorship, in an interview. “He's a fighter. It'll be tough to keep him down.”

• Members

I'm glad that I've seen a lot of pushback, including among establishment types like Colin Jost on SNL, about the idea that we are supposed to act sad about these diagnoses. Honestly I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] what happens to any of them. Not a single one. 

• Members

The SNL "cold open" sucked.  Did the actors/writers even watch the debate? 

Jim Carrey portrayed Biden as senile, unable to answer any questions.

The sketch dialogue writing made it sound like the *only* thing Biden did was hurl insults at Trump. 

Carrey played Biden as completely unable to control his emotions. And unable to stop himself from speaking against Trump.

NONE of that happened during the debate! 

I'm so pissed that the media and comedians are still pushing the false narrative that Joe is senile and unable to speak coherently, and unable to control himself.

Biden answered the debate questions intelligently, calmly, and compassionately.

A few times Biden made some comments about Trump  - but each time, it was more like calmly doing a verbal exasperated eyeroll. He made very few comments of that nature, and those comments weren't angry or emotionally out of control.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

That's not going to happen. He's not a healthy man. He wasn't even before the virus and now he's on three different drugs including an experimental therapy. Even if they wanted to try the comeback narrative, it's obvious that these people are too incompetent to pull it off. Obviously these doctors are trying to placate Trump instead of heal him and if he's really directing his own medical treatment, he's as good as dead.

• Members

"I love the USA and I love what's happening"??

Oh lord. They're carting him around in an SUV.

This is complete insanity.

They took him back inside. It's clear they're barely able to restrain him and keep him on the premises. What a dangerous idiot.