Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cut us some slack, @Vee.  From day one, this administration has deliberately deceived and defrauded the people.  Even now, we can't get a straight answer as to how sick he is (if, in fact, he IS sick).  Trump might be a germaphobe who sees illnesses and hospital stays as signs of weakness; however, he has proven, over and over again, that he will do or say whatever it takes to remain in power.  Nothing is off the table even with a deranged narcissist such as he.  So, if some of us are being a little bit gun-shy, for lack of a better word, or are finding the timing a little bit suspicious, again, cut us some slack.

• Members

Yes, he is a deranged narcissist and a liar. But he is not a master strategist or manipulator. He has endured catastrophe after catastrophe of his own making for years, especially this year, especially the last 30 days. Now he's literally fallen prey to the disease he has spent the year calling a hoax and no big deal and the national reaction is largely schadenfreude and disgust. That is not something you plan.

• Members

I don't see the angle either, @marceline, but I really don't blame those who are viewing this entire situation with a huge side-eye.  Again, we've had four years of this circus, where each new low from this administration is met with yet another, sadder new low.  At this rate, I halfway expect Trump to die, be buried and be resurrected like Jesus.

Edited by Khan

• Members

One I've seen Trump supporters using is - he went out and lived life and was fine, unlike Biden who has cowered and hidden. He's strong, and Biden is scared. 

The response to that should be that he's not fine, but that depends on how many people will be fooled by the videos and photos and his joyride. 

The other response would be 200K+ people never got his healthcare and they will never be fine, but I'm not sure how many outside of us and some others even care. 

It's not about, for me, 4D chess and master of strategy right now as much as he and his people, and their media helpers, have a crude, blunt force message that is very heavily amplified. And with a month to go, along with so much voter disenfranchisement and vote rigging going on, that frightens me.

• Members

You're right, you never plan on the public reaction being what it is.  If it's all a sham, then it makes sense why Trump is itching to get back to the WH (apart, of course, from his phobias): he tried it, and as far as the voters were concerned, it didn't work.  But again, look at the timing: he gets sick and ends up in the hospital, right on the heels of a debate that even Fox News has dismissed as a disaster, with now less than a month to go before the election.  (And that's not even including the bombshells surrounding Melania or his blessed tax returns!). I'm not saying I agree with those who believe Trump is faking; I'm just saying, I see where they're coming from.

• Members

That economy number is ridiculous to me, and yet there it is again. The one positive is that if memory serves Obama was also not leading in the economy (at least not in 2012). A lot of people don't seem to ever give Democrats that answer.