Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Stocks are up so far after the opening of markets, so I guess it's not so much the enormous loss of jobs to actual human beings but big business getting their cut of the "stimulus" money that matters most to Wall Street. Well, if this pandemic has clarified anything, it certainly has made clear where the priorities of governments are.

• Members

Tom Coburn, ex-Congressman and Senator for Oklahoma, has passed. I remember his Senate race against Brad Carson, one of the first that the netroots was heavily involved in, and reading comments like one who said his father was in a nursing home, knowing he didn't have very long left, but still wanted to made sure he voted for Carson. I also remember how shocking I thought Coburn's comments about Schindler's List were at the time - seems almost quaint now. 

He at least believed in term limits, and treated Obama like a human being, instead of the great evil. That is also something which many in both parties today are loath to do, sadly.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/28/obituary-former-sen-tom-coburn-152711

• Members

I can see why people would not be enthusiastic about Biden (although they were never enthusiastic about Bernie either so cultists using this as a drive for him make no real sense to me). I can't say I watch him and feel very inspired. But it's time to grow up. If people are still "both sides-ing" now, when the President is bragging about how if governors don't do what he wants he will let people die, then there is zero hope of any change ever happening.

• Members

What a surprise that the creepy loser Cenk has gotten involved for more clout. 

AOC is making the only logical decision for her career or any "movement." They are a liability across the board - Bernie, Omar, Tlaib, Sirota, and so on. My guess is that Jessica Cisneros would have won if she hadn't been so tied to the cult. That alone probably weighed heavy on AOC's mind. 

• Members

All this talk about enthusiasm is ridiculous. It's another way people have changed the discussion in order to make Bernie seems more important than he is. "Enthusiastic" votes don't count more than others. People look at the cults of Bernie and Trump and decide that's what enthusiasm looks like (instead of what it really is: radicalization) but they completely ignored how many people enthusiastically voted for Hillary. Looking at "enthusiasm" is just another way the press chooses to double down on false narratives instead of paying attention the the real base of the party and how we enthusiastically rejected Bernie.