The Politics Thread

• Members

Perhaps but when bigwigs start losing money, that is when, once again, it will likely be taken out of the people's hands-- cue the "Super-delegates" being put to work and the backroom wheeling and dealing will begin. 

Sounding cynical but they will choose the "winner" and if Trump loses them enough money, he will be tossed out, IMO.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just a few days of talking about the Republicans unwillingness to address election security seems to be getting to McConnell. I wish the energy and vitriol being directed at Nancy Pelosi and demanding "Impeachment NOW!" was being directed at McConnell and Republicans.

• Members

I didn't bother to watch the debate tonight but from what I've heard Marianne Williamson again made a lot of valid points. I wouldn't want her to be President and I have no trust in her, but I'm glad someone is getting some of these things out there. 

• Members

I tried to watch some of it but found myself nodding off and switched off.  It seemed as though the moderators were more interested in keeping time and blocking the candidates from taking more than their allotted time than asking pertinent questions and allowing for responses and actual engagement.  Maybe due to the sheer number of candidates on the platform, true engagement with the issues is impossible.

I did read that some of the responses that Williamson offered. People were shook!  If we're all relying on Williamson to introduce some "meat" to these debates, other than the usual talking points, then we are in quite a state at this point.

• Members

They're good at getting what they want - Democratic infighting, depression of Democratic voters, and sound bites the Republicans can use.

CNN loves Trump and they want Republicans to win. Their on-air personnel may hate him personally, but that's not the agenda of the network. 

I could only watch a bit of the debates, but I found them so dispiriting. 

- they are so clearly pitched to very left-wing voters, without realizing that most of those voters will never support anyone in the party but Bernie (who isn't even really a Democrat). It's not "Republican talking points" to point out the danger of such a desperate tack to one side heading into fantasy land. 

- Kamala Harris was clearly unprepared for Tulsi Gabbard's attacks and later just tried to dismiss Gabbard rather than address the criticisms. Gabbard may be toxic and ultimately irrelevant as a candidate, but she is a canary in a coal mine - the people who are backing her are ready and waiting for Harris. She should be more on the ball than this. 

- Joe Biden just seems frail and disoriented to me. I'm sorry but I have to say it. 

- As every month passes, Democrats are slipping more and more into their old patterns of essentially saying, "Yeah, Trump sucks, but..." when beating Trump, along with coherent policy plans that go beyond "woke" commentary, are the key.

- They are more focused on talking about Obama's failures than they are on a way forward. You aren't going to get any extra cookies or tummy rubs by reminding us of how bad Obama was. The people who are that ardent on this subject are, again, not voting for Democrats anyway

At present, Elizabeth Warren is who I feel most comfortable with supporting (although she also had some issues in the debate yesterday), but I just don't really think, in my heart, she can win a general election. 

I feel like we're just fucked. 

Edited by DRW50