The Politics Thread

• Members

They've already started some time ago. It started with the MAGAts and has transferred to the Russian bots and troll armies.  They must really see her as a threat.

Anyone who has truly been paying attention to U.K. politics should've known this was coming. More people need to pay better attention to Scotland and the Irish border-- those look to be hotspots in the offing.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From what I've heard, there is more than one threat of Tory defections.

Speaking of buffons in higher office-

Trump is flailing and failing with North Korea, which launched, not one but TWO missiles in ONE day (that must be some kind of record) and threatened another tariff on Chinese goods, to which China threatened retaliation of their own (of course).

Yeah, master dealmaker and negotiator. 

Please register in order to view this content

Certainly, a lot of people think so.  How many GOP retirements in the last two weeks?  Cumulatively, that's going to be bad for the Republicans.

• Members

It's also a seat they were barely holding onto even with Hurd. With voter suppression and gerrymandering they can find that seat elsewhere. It's one of those things that gets chatter in the media for a day or two but long term probably helps them as it means they are more of a unified party (unified in white supremacy).

These tariffs are likely going to really hurt people as they crack down hard on more everyday items, especially electronics. I notice that we still never hear anyone talk about any alternatives to buying from China. Trump never says anything, the Republicans don't - no one does. It says a lot about how far gone our own industry is that everyone, including alleged "fair trade" advocates, just want people to keep paying higher and higher prices (with some farmers getting short term cash which they've said won't even help them) and waiting out China when it's clear China is not going to cave. I read that Russia is increasing their output of the stuff we sold to China. i wonder if Trump is really just doing all of this to help Russia. Similar to him ending the weapons treaty with Russia that now gives them more of a free pass to develop deadlier and deadlier items. 

Between the tariffs and the latest job losses (Lowe's), the economy is clearly going to crash soon. Sadly I don't even think that will hurt Trump anymore. So many people just don't care about anything. And when they do care, they care about the wrong things and blame the wrong people. And the media is more interested in lecturing Democrats and telling viewers how out of touch Democrats are - I've lost count of how many times they've been saying Trump has "won" the debates. They are already going all out for the Republicans and the election is over a year away. 

• Members

The thing is, and this is not the first time for either a good or bad outcome, it doesn't matter what the media thinks. The fact is, Trump's numbers are down and GOP pollsters are panicking. It may play to his base but his base is not enough.

• Members

Actually, in a way, it's the opposite. China is waiting and hoping for a new administration to deal with, at this point.  Trump is very bitter about this.

Nobody truly believes that the U.S. can outlast the Chinese in regards to willingness to endure hardship, especially since many who endured Mao's Cultural Revolution are still alive-- many of them wrote the blueprint on how to endure brutal circumstances. 

China has also advised N. Korea on how to string Trump along, although those two missile launches this week show that even advice from their big brothers in China has its limits. 

• Members

IKR. I read some of the remarks from people when Snapchat goes down and whew, people lose their sh*t!

It's really easy to spot bots these days, they all have signature hallmarks.  The ones masquerading as black "folks" are the funniest because they are so sloppy, the use of vernacular is laughable and the photos that they use on their AVIs. 

I swear that yesterday, I saw an avi from an actress that played a recurring character on the show Empire. Most of them can't even be taken seriously, other than a nuisance.  Please, the Beyhive has those folks beat! 

• Members

I don't know all the details on Saikat Chakrabarti. I do know he kept spamming twitter attacks on Pelosi, the CBC (basically calling some of them 'Dixiecrats'), Davids, etc. and encouraging primarying Dems while still serving as AOC's CoS. His public showing-out was primarily responsible for the inter-party tiff last month between the freshman four and the rest of the House.

After Pelosi, AOC, Omar, etc. began publicly making nice recently, the Atlantic did a puff piece about Chakrabarti trying to present him as indispensable to the future. But I knew he'd be gone, and now he is.