The Politics Thread

• Members

Me too.  It's very distressing and it's only getting worse by day.

They are even taking medication away from these children.  I suppose next will be an outbreak of disease that will kill a few hundred. An act of God that no one could have seen coming of course.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have to say the feeling of helplessness at this point is depressing. I know there is no savior out there for us but we elect a democratic majority in the House and what are they doing? What can they do I guess. 

There are protests tomorrow if anyone is interested. I am off work this week. I'm going to one at noon

https://act.moveon.org/event/close-camps-now_attend/search/

• Members

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1145818575049023488 https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1145818575049023488 /status/1145818575049023488

Someone has a crush

Be sittin' up in my room
Back here thinkin' bout you
I must confess,I'm a mess for you
Be sittin' up in my room
Back here thinkin' bout you
Im just a mess with a thang for you

• Members

IDK but it's feeling more and more hopeless as the days go by.  

After Trump's "performance" and the G20, responsible media outlets across the country should be sounding the alarm bells for the way he cozied up to dictators, not accolades for walking his fat ass 10 steps into NK.  His press conference was a train wreck.  His private talk with Putin was barely covered.  Ditto with China.  

Why TF is no one questioning what happened in those talks?  Why isn't the media relentless in pursuing official transcripts of these discussions?  Where is the outrage that the President of the United States spent more time with DICTATORS than our supposed allies?!?!?  

It's sickening.  It's [!@#$%^&*] like this and the lack of true, real journalism that's going to give this disgusting excuse for a human being another go-round in the oval office.  The Democrats have fielded a brilliant field of candidates, most of which would make an excellent chief executive.  It's sad that they are fighting a losing battle.  

• Members

Isabel Oakeshot is such a damn tool that she makes me want to scream.  In fact, I am so literally overcome with hatred toward that woman and the views she expressed that I'm rendered speechless.  There is so much I want to say, but I can't, because she just makes me so [!@#$%^&*] angry.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's like what Cadwalladr says in the clip: in these populist times, how do you hold a liar to account?  Neither Trump nor his team ever admit any wrongdoing; and those who support and defend the loser either don't believe what you're telling them, or they say it doesn't matter.  Add to this the fact that the media is basically in the tank for him -- because, at best, they see Trump as an endless source for copy; and at worst, they see him as their best tool for engaging the rest of the country with their dangerous and destructive ideologies -- and many otherwise well-meaning journalists just believe it's all pointless.

Agree.  When the Democrats regained the House, many probably felt the Trump administration FINALLY had someone, or someones, to keep them in check and make them accountable.  Unfortunately, when House Democrats said they weren't going to seek impeachment charges against Trump -- even though their arguments for doing so are perfectly sound! -- people felt once again that "the system" had failed them.  Barring any dramatic developments between now and the next elections, I'm afraid that sentiment will cost the Democratic Party big-time at the polls.

Edited by Khan

• Members

My first thought: "John Void says he will abolish time and space?  Well, look who's feeling his oats, now that Leon Russell's gone?"

But seriously.  I feel like Void is meant to be whichever other candidate you want it to be.  From my perspective, Warren appears to be the one candidate thus far to have sat down (either by herself, or with her advisers) and thought out what reforms she'd like to institute as president, as well as how she'd go about instituting them.  While every other candidate has offered either vague and sketchy plans, or pie-in-the-sky ones that aren't the least bit doable.  (And that's not including Marianne Williamson, who, like Charlie Brown, has just a rock.)

• Members

I see that Carole King is going to be performing at the Capitol Fourth, which I have watched for years, and is now seemingly co-opted by Trump's big jerkoff rally. She's tried to clarify that this has nothing to do with Trump but is still getting backlash.

I'm not sure I will watch this year or not. If he is in any way involved, I will not. It's sad that this monster ruins so many things, big and small, in ways that can never repaired.

• Members

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my damn head at social media users.  Seriously, people need to get their facts clear before getting outraged and cancelling celebrities.  This is just like when those "Christians" petitioned Netflix about not renewing "Good Omens" without realizing that Netflix doesn't even carry the damn show!

• Members

I'm DC.  Can't wait to see our Dicktater running tanks through the streets, flyovers, other military shows of strength.  On a day when it should be about the Country, he'll make it about himself with a political rally.   Like his new Best Bud Rocketman Dicktater who does the same thing from North Korea who has members of his own family murdered.  They talk about a woman winning President and breaking the glass ceiling, meanwhile we have a man busting through the concrete subterranean basement to see how low he can go.  Disgusting.  And speaking from the Lincoln Memorial!  When he can then have some pictures taken looking out on the mall and have it photoshopped so that he can say more people were there than when Martin Luther King spoke!  Watch, it's coming. 

Edited by Fevuh