Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG. This is really scary and disturbing. One of the anchors in that picture is Liz Bishop the anchor from the upstate NY region where I grew up. I bet she hates having to do that. I guess she could quit she must be close to retirement, but that still sucks. We will be very lucky if we get anything approaching free and fair elections in November.

He may not be playing three dimensional (or is it six dimensional? Whatever the hell the saying is) chess, but he is trying to distract people from the real issues.  With the media it works more than it should. In some cases as the one Carl mentioned owners are actively colluding.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Yes, but maybe we can hope that Trump has mobilized enough people on the left and in the center so that we can get him out.  Maybe as Marceline mentioned the other day, some people in the right will stay home because they aren't on board, even if they don't vote democrat.

I agree in a way. One the one hand I think Trump wants to be a dictator and he's eroding democratic institutions in a way someone like Kasich or Romney wouldn't have.

On the other hand 40% of Americans approve of Trump. It's hard to wrap my mind around that and I'm sure it feels like a terrible betrayal to many people in our country (because it is one).

• Members

The Easter bunny looks to be in total shock that he/she has to stand and breathe the same air as the charlatan standing next to him/her.

Is this for real?? If so, I guess it's irrefutably clear whose needs Trump is most responsive to...and it ain't the American people.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I'm in Ohio. Kasich would do a lot of what Trump has done. He'd have just been quieter about it. Kasich's specialty is hiding his dirt. He especially enjoys signing bills that sound economic but have culture war issues hidden in them.  He's basically another Mike Pence.  He's a religious zealot who hates women so much he can barely talk to them like adults and he's utterly fixated on abortion. To the point that he named the former president of Ohio Right to Life to lead the state medical board so now this person gets to mess with not just reproductive rights but all healthcare for Ohioans. In another case he named Rick Hodges to lead that Ohio Department of Health even thou Hodges isn't a doctor and had no healthcare experience. He would happily stack the courts with RWNJs just like Trump did. He would've overturned environmental regulations just like Trump did.

• Members

Sure, but I'm not talking about policy I disagree with. Every Republican in the last 44 years has supported policy I disagree with. I'm talking about attacking the courts, the press and pretty much every institution and norm that makes this a democracy, including the voting process. Then we have the sheer amount of unabashed corruption and chaos he has brought down on us.

ETA: Oh, I forgot calling the Nazi's very nice people and empowering their movement, so that nearly half our country is in more danger than ever.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I understand that and I don't want to sound insensitive but at this point, I can only say "Join the Club".  

People who voted for HRC have already been suffering from Trump's policies and it hasn't been given much media attention because MSM has been so focused on the plight of Trump supporters.

The tax laws have caused chaos for many on the East coast but because the GOP have successfully branded those of us in the region as "coastal elites", there is little regard for wage earners who are negatively impacted by the new tax laws.

In terms of middle America/red states, these tariffs look to disproportionately affect agri-businesses. 

What has gotten little focus is the fact that Small/family farms have already been suffering-- for decades.

Sorry to say this as it will sound unfeeling but perhaps if the "right kind of people" start to feel the pain perhaps there will be more empathy for the rest and things may have a hope of improving.