Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess if some of the seats that have turned blue recently could change anyone can.  Still, I am not hopeful that the deep red states will change.  That being they case it seems only fair they share the pain. Even though I live in Nebraska, I don't much care.  Many people in the rural part of this state care more about controlling female bodies than they do about their own economic welfare, so let them feel the pain that priority brings.

This is so reckless on trumps part. While I certainly have no love for a man who hoards 32 billion and counting, while people all over the world die of hunger, my money is on Bezos.

• Members

Rebecca Dallet, the Democratic candidate for an open Wisconsin Supreme Court seat, won resoundingly, narrowing the far right majority to 4-3. She was pretty liberal, as she ran anti-Trump ads even though he won the state. 

The state has also seemingly voted down the plan Scott Walker was pushing to abolish the office of the treasurer. 

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17195062/wisconsin-supreme-court-election-results

https://www.thenation.com/article/incredible-now-scott-walker-wants-to-abolish-a-statewide-elected-office/

This likely won't do much to tamp down the rumors that Paul Ryan is going to retire this year.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I read that Faux News is against the pullout. I guess we know there are some topics even they hold no sway over.

He'll probably try to dump the troops at the border.

(does anyone else wonder if the whole "caravan" story was cooked up by the media with Trump?)

Speaking of awful people:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

^ I think the way they framed the "caravan" is the issue.  It seems to me it was a group of scared migrants banding together for safety. Maybe there were some organizers involved hoping to get some positive attention. Trump and his ilk called it an "invasion" to scare people.  It's sad how susceptible people are to these manipulations.

As for Squawk Box I like Andre Ross Sorkin. He's mostly a good guy, although Joe tends to run over him at times.  I remember when I even liked Joe, but he's become the kind of bitter rich white guy that really rankles me.