Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think some of them have started peeling off in the House expressing support for Mueller and maybe the Senate also, I can't recall. Do I think that'll mean anything for a bipartisan push in an election year? No. This has to happen another way.

• Members

there is an outside chance, IMO, that republicans may. IA with you ten fold that may not, but the cavete is for me....it's an election year. and they KNOW they will need more than the 35% that loves all things Trump if they want to have even an outside shot of retaining the House. if this wasn't an election year, they would do nothing.....like they have been doing.

• Members

Here's my position on Comey, yes, I hold him responsible for where we are but there are people far higher on my s!ht list. Namely Bernie Sanders and the rest of the TYT/Chapo/dirtbag left who have spent all their time out here attacking Democrats and giving Trump cover.

Comey at least understands that Trump is the enemy and like it or not Comey has knowledge and connections that are valuable in the fight. Also, he seems to be trying to make amends. He became a guest lecturer at Howard University and donated his entire $100,000 salary to a scholarship fund for kids raised in foster care. Also - and I confess this is just my final crumb of faith in humanity asserting itself -  Obama chose this guy for a reason and that still means something to me.

But no, I wouldn't read Comey's book if you paid me.

Edited by marceline

• Members

That fool wants to rejoin the TPP?  Ahahahaha!

Please register in order to view this content

Only if it's a better "deal"  than what Obama did?   After all those countries worked meticulously in the absence of the U.S., (who, by the way created TPP under Obama). 

Let's see how that one goes.  Japan has already said that they don't intend to change the agreement and Canada (that has gotten a better "deal"  after the departure of the U.S. from the trade agreement) agrees with Japan. 

Trump cannot manage China, clearly and wants some sort of backup trade agreement.

China recently claimed that they would look to lower tariffs on foreign automobiles but who knows whether they intend to include the U.S.?  Many Chinese like European and Japanese cars, particularly those who lean towards status symbols.

I think the TPP members may be more open to the U.S. rejoining when the U.S. has a different president because at this time, the U.S. is no longer a reliable partner, as Angela Merkel alluded to in a speech she gave last year.

@marceline ITA with your post.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Comey is not my highest priority either. I think what he did to Clinton for a mix of reasons - political pressure from the NY office, a compulsive need to grandstand and be seen as 'apolitical', and personal resentment - is unforgivable and had immense consequences for the nation. I also think he admits to some of that in part of the excerpts I've read. And I think the man is still a patriot who believes Trump is a clear and present danger and wanted to do the right thing - even though he helped get us here. Most people are more than one thing. Comey is a classic and perhaps tragic case of that.

Will I ever buy his book? I don't know, probably not. But the excerpts are very compelling, and I feel I understand his very complicated and flawed mindset a little better.

• Members

RE: James "Pee-Wee" Comey -- I'm in complete agreement with Vee, with marceline, with Roman and with Carl.  There's no denying that his actions affected the election's outcome.  At the VERY least, those who had been on the fence on the run-up to Super Tuesday about who to vote for probably ended up voting third-party or staying home once he had performed his little sideshow.  So, even though he's right about Trump -- no, I probably won't bother reading his book either.

I had no idea he had done that.  LOL.  Trump really believes he can perform Jedi mind tricks on people.  (Of course, the sad part is, it works on others more than it has any right to.)