Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I never believed he wouldn’t pardon anyone but I do think with several such as Kuschner and Trump Jr. who would be the most,likely to be pardoned, will be up being prosecuted in New York if it happens, where Trump has no pardoning authority. There has been rumors that Mueller is in fact working with AG Schneiderman in NY. 

On another topic

So crooked Scott Walker in Wisconsin backed into a corner decided he actually needs to hold special elections in Wisconsin, after attempts to delay knowing seats may goto Democrats. There was talk that the Wisconsin legislature was going to change the law in lieu of the courts order here, but apparently they dropped that as well.  A minor victory but every battle matters. http://www.wbay.com/content/news/The-Latest-Wisconsin-DOJ-appeals-special-elections-order-478177563.html

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Scott Pruitt may be the Trump Cabinet member I dislike most (which is saying a lot). And this is a very odd story about him:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/exclusive-pruitts-epa-security-broke-door-lobbyist-condo/story?id=54129080

Another story, not about Pruitt, but federal workers talk about the atmosphere.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/30/trump-washington-civil-servants-492347

• Members

Honestly...?  Although I'm sure to eat my words sooner rather than later, even Scott [!@#$%^&*] Pruitt couldn't be any worse than what we've got right now.  Things are so bad under our current, lame-duck governor that a teacher and state employee walkout over education funding, or the lack thereof, is set to happen on Monday (4/1), cutting the current school year short by over a month, with NO way of knowing when the state legislature and the educators' union will arrive at some consensus.  (And given the fact that every year for the past several has seen this state in a HUGE economic crisis, with the legislators unable to come up with anything beyond a mere Band-Aid to remedy our situation...well, let's just say, something tells me that the new school year is going to begin with our teachers STILL on strike.)

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm hard-pressed to think of even ONE governor in our state's history who wasn't incompetent on some level.  But, it never really matters, because no matter WHO is in charge here, or on which side of the political aisle they stand on, the fact of the matter is that they're still presiding over the state of Oklahoma, which has been hanging on by a proverbial thread for DECADES.

Edited by Khan