Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's so odd to me seeing some of the reporters on CNN say things like the president "missed an opportunity" or he missed his moment. 

Please register in order to view this content

What does he have to do before these people admit he is a white supremacist? Does he have to raise the Confederate flag over the white house?

I hadn't actually seen the Nazis march before today, but CNN was practically playing it on a loop.  I have to wonder if all of this coverage won't embolden them further. 

• Members

Isn't his latest approval ratings, like, the lowest EVER for a sitting president?  And that was before The Jawdrop Heard 'Round the World.  The numbers might not keep falling, but they're certainly not gonna improve now!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Large portions of CNN especially will always think it's just a game, a political calculus. But there are some people there who do take it seriously. That whole organization has tried to play it down the middle for years. What the media is rapidly learning over the last eight or nine months is that this is no longer a game.

• Members

Two reasons: one, they have to be careful not to leave themselves open to any lawsuits; and two, they don't want to admit that he IS a white supremacist, because they cling to the notion that everyone, even Donald F**king Trump, has a better side to his nature, a side that will ultimately win out over evil.  They don't want to think that sometimes, no matter how hard you look for goodness in a person's soul, they just ain't got none.

Edited by Khan

• Members

^ I hope so. I guess it will be true if the GOP thinks this is the point where they are stronger without him. I'm not giving them any points for breaking with him though. After everything that happened in the primary they never should have stood by him in the first place.

• Members

IA -- and really, if they DO break from him, it'll only be because they recognize, however begrudgingly, that they just can't control him.  In their heart of hearts, they probably agree with Trump more than they disagree with him.  But there probably comes a point when they realize saving the party means more than remaining behind someone like him.

Seriously, John McCain was right when he said (after he and Palin had lost) that the then-nascent far right was dangerous and unprecedented in the history of American politics.

Meanwhile, how ironic is it that Arnold has stepped up and pledged money to the Wiesenthal Center?  IIRC, wasn't he dogged for years with rumors that either he or his father had been a member of some white supremacist group?

Edited by Khan