• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From the POLITICO article:

“His statement today was more kumbaya nonsense,” [Richard] Spencer said. “Only a dumb person would take those lines seriously.”

As much as it pains me to say it, I think he's right.  I think you DO have to be dumb to take Trump's Monday statement seriously.  Unfortunately, I think too many -- both in the media, and among Congress -- did take it seriously.  They couldn't see (or, perhaps more appropriately, they didn't WANT to see) that his words on Monday rang just as false as the ones he spoke on Saturday.

• Members

Frankly, I don't think the NR went far enough.  I think ALL "monuments" to the Confederacy should be trashed, period.  But I think this call is coming, because everyone (well, most everyone) agrees that no matter how each might feels about the damn things, they're not worth killing people over.  Charlottesville was one Charlottesville too many.

Geez, don't we have enough of those running around on Capitol Hill?

Edited by Khan

• Members

"The media still doesn't know the facts"?  What the [!@#$%^&*] more is there to know?  A Nazi sympathizer with a violent history drove his car into a group of counter-protesters on the street.  One of them died.  Seems pretty clear-cut to me, Donny!

The more he tries to explain away his blatant racism and blame the media for something he, himself, failed to do, the deeper the pit he digs for himself.

Welp.  There ya go.  He did EXACTLY what I said he'd do.  He blamed the counter-protesters.

It's like watching Y&R and seeing everyone blame Christine for having the nerve to get run down by Phyllis' car.

• Members

He isn't trying to explain anything. He's just furious that he was told no and forced to do something he didn't want to do and is lashing out.

Tripling down:

BTW: This was supposed to be an infrastructure speech. And yes, this is all very predictable. He goes off the rails like this everyday. He does it to himself.

• Members

I haven't posted on this thread yet but have read. I'm not a Trump supporter at all and no I didn't vote for him either. I'm also an Independent.

I'm so sick over what transpired this past weekend and am appalled that it took people to complain for Trump to come out with a proper statement. Sickening. I cannot believe we are dealing with people from KKK...I was shocked and am still trying to process it because it doesn't seem real that the KKK could still exist.

Edited by YRestlessfan