Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"Use it abuse it or lose it." Ugh - that's why I hate so much of the Beltway media. Even now it's a game to them.

What this mindset says is that if Trump can ever not throw [!@#$%^&*] against a fan every few minutes he will be Presidential. 

I saw that Gingrich and Ari Fleischer were praising Trump, and Fleischer added that there are no "fine" Nazis or white supremacists. What country are we in that we now need someone to remind us that all Nazis are bad...? 

• Members

I don't think that was Todd's take, and it certainly hasn't been that all day. Nobody is calling him presidential right now except a few outliers like Newt.

I have as much venom and skepticism towards Beltway pundits as anyone (and I am no Chuck Todd fan), but virtually all those press - even a few folks on Fox - are united with full-throated disgust today. That is important, and it carries that message to the few remaining uncurious, ambivalent and passively 'economically racially anxious' middle of the country.

Edited by Vee

• Members

IKR?  If Roger Ailes had been around, I doubt we would have had anyone on Fox News express their disgust.  It would've been just wall-to-wall "Right on, Nazis are people, too!" garbage.

It's like what J.K. Rowling said on Twitter: one good thing to come out of this is that no longer can anyone in this country pretend they don't know what kind of person is Donald Trump.  We all know now who belongs in his America and who doesn't.

• Members

I think there are people in the White House perhaps including Kelly who knew exactly what Trump was going to do. Maddow showed the fact he had prepared talking points in his pocket he used. Doubtful he prepared them. So all these denials from within the WH may very well be BS.

• Members

It's possible Trump DID prepare those talking points -- perhaps w/ Bannon and/or Miller? -- but the rest of his staff, including Kelly, warned him just to stick to the script, as it were.

Granted, the folks at TrumpCo. tend to be a rather clueless bunch, but even they had to know the sort of backlash that would come from his remarks.  Hence, all the denials.  They knew, or might have suspected, but either way, they wanted nothing to do with it.

Edited by Khan

• Members

No offense, but that's almost exactly what Trump Nation said and continues to say about Trump.

Another, even MORE improbable theory of mine: TrumpCo. effectively gave the man enough rope to hang himself.  Why?  Two reasons: 1) They were sick of hearing him complain about how the Monday Statement didn't achieve the results he'd wanted (although, it got people to stop talking about Russia for a moment, so...) and figured it was better just to let him do the damn thing and get it over with.  2) Many from within have had it with him and his constant hot messes and felt they needed to create for themselves the perfect opportunity to bail out.  (IOW, they sabotaged him.) Because, the truth is, even before Charlottesville had happened, people were talking about TrumpCo. devolving into total chaos.

[!@#$%^&*], for all we know, this could all be Bannon's revenge against Kelly, McMaster and Kushner.

Edited by Khan