The Politics Thread

• Members

Not all Nazi's do. Take a look at this tough guy/now whiney *itch. They are tough carrying around guns talking tough. One on  one boo hoo they melt like butter

So all heads of the various branches of the armed forces have broken with the Fuhrer

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/08/16/entire-military-openly-broken-trump-denounced-racism.html

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

First of all, I want to say how delighted I was to see David Holt interviewed for the Peters/Martin/Healy NYT article.  I've known David since we were in kindergarten.  We served together in the Boy Scouts for a year.  (I dropped out, because, c'mon, me in the Boy Scouts?)  David is an incredibly astute individual, loving husband to Rachel, and father to George and Maggie.  Although we might be on opposite sides of the political fence, I believe David is earnest, and honest, and takes seriously the needs and concerns of his constituents here in Oklahoma; and I hope that, in the years to come, he will be a tremendous asset to the Republican Party.

Now, with that being said: if the GOP sees itself as being in a state of crisis, well, as I (and others) keep saying: they have themselves to blame.  They were warned about the effects of a Trump presidency on this country.  They were warned, and warned again.  Nevertheless, they persisted.  

Even now, with voices from across the entire political spectrum condemning Trump's statements, and with so much at stake in terms of our security, our stability, and our reputation, they condemn racism, they condemn the Nazis who trade on it, but they will not condemn directly the elected leader who has now, with words spoken from the gilded tower that bears his name, sanctioned it.  They won't condemn Trump outright, for fear of alienating his base supporters come next elections.

Once again, they're placing party above country.  Once again, they're sending the message to me and to people LIKE me they don't have our backs.

Edited by Khan

• Members

So, here's what I'm learning from reading the Steve Bannon stuff:

1) Steve Bannon sees this all as some sort of game ("Tear down more statues.  Say the revolution is coming.  I can't get enough of it.") and while that would be fine if this were a game of Risk....

2) Trump's talk of "fire and fury" was, in fact, SOUND and fury, signifying that North Korea basically could've wiped us out, and still could.  (I knew this already, but sometimes, the printed word hits hard.)  It makes me think Kim Jong-un was falling dead with laughter (you know, like those "DEAD" gifs we post around these parts?) when he said he had decided to sit back and let Trump keep on bein' Trump.

3) Either Bannon is a gigantic moron ("How could you NOT know this could end up being published?") or a terrible liar ("Do you expect us to believe you didn't know?").  Either way, not smart.  At the very least, this might be grounds for permanent exile from your favorite Risk Meetup group.

Edited by Khan

• Members

"The problem is the PEOPLE."

And we all know how Nazi Germany dealt with people who were 'problematic.'

She totally outed herself before this point, but the mention of "choose to be straight" (by implication, others 'choose' to be gay!) tells me everything I need to know about this highly defensive person.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Why are we wasting time with these people who are beyond all hope? I am simply tired of analyzing these folk, they are who they are, it's time to stop now.  And for some reason, that screenshot is spazzing out my screen (it's not happening in other threads).  Can we remove it please?

• Members

Yeah, that image is causing some kind of issue with the thread. 

The problem is that the people who voted for Donald did something hateful and wrong but they don't want to be labeled as such. They thought they could vote for Nazis and the Klan then sit back and reap benefits. I'm glad she feels so defensive. It means that she's feeling attacked and she should. People who voted for 45 deserve to be marked by that choice forever. 

Edited by marceline

• Members

Hey, I want to be be seen as having the same financial worth as Oprah Winfrey but the reality is starkly different. The truth is the truth. I'm tired of hearing the perspective of these people, frankly I stopped caring some time ago. I hit the IGNORE button for a reason and I'm tired of being subjected to their spouting of "woe is me" diatribes.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's a general refusal of personal responsibility and accountability which seems to characterise these people. It's always somebody else's fault that their life is in the shitter and they beat their kids. Mexican illegals! Black peoples! Big Government! Never their own actions. I remember an analyst saying that the reason those same folks would go after Michelle Obama is because they would claim that her efforts to combat obesity with Let's Move! were targeted and aimed at 'humiliating' them. And they hated that this black female was telling them to take a walk and not shovel cancer-causing foods into their pie-hole. The horror!

They are getting defensive because they know that their silent acceptance of this destructive regime gives it oxygen to live. It is exactly as Martin Luther King described almost 50 years ago:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

The lady who had to bring into work her copy of a business degree for a white coworker to "examine" ... 

Please register in order to view this content

The humiliation, the denigration! All so an insecure white dude can feel 'bigger' than her.