Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As an Aussie, I can promise you that most of us are pissed off with Trump and the conservatives in the US in general. For a very long time, the US was the leader of the free world (not any more obviously) and leading the way. The entire world has an opinion on the US and it's politics and outside of the likes of Pauline Hanson, Nigel Farage, and Geert Wilders, it's not a good opinion.

He and the conservatives are embarrassing your country and are a disgrace. I was just in South Africa and while in a pub, Trump came on one of the tellys and the entire place burst out in laughter and boos just at a picture of him. When Mike Pence was in Sydney, his motorcade got booed whenever people saw it driving around. He went sightseeing in private (something no visiting politician ever does usually) just to avoid running into people and again being booed. 

• Members

Who knew Governors were not part of the government.

What they and likely other states and the 60 mayors in this country who were part of the accords and committed to renewable energy and lowering CO2 is showing the world that `most Americans are not dumbfuck Trump and the members of the GOP at the national level. Most of these states and cities have already been doing it. No one has relied on the federal level but what genius has now done is potentially jeopardize investment and jobs here. You know the big JOBS GUY. Even our dumbass GOP Governor in Illinois has slammed Trump because the state has potential business and jobs reliant on foreign investors from India to covert the state buildings and offices to renewable energy by 2027(along with Chicago's commitment to 2025). This [!@#$%^&*] move jeopardizes that investment and those jobs. Which is why state and local leadership in this country now has to do what he is too stupid to do. SHOW LEADERSHIP.

This is science. Science is fact it's not conservative or liberal. Well it never was until the GOP branded themselves as the party of GOD. And the PENATGON you know the center of our military you so called CONSERVATIVES claim to respect have been saying for the past 10 years that Climate Change is the greatest threat to our national security. Now one would think so called CONSERVATIVES and their fearless leader would care about national security. Or let me guess, the Pentagon is just making it up.

Coal and fossil fuels no matter how much you folks believe it will, ain't coming back. Natural Gas, Solar, Wind are all cleaner and most importantly to you who CLAIM to be conservatives, cheaper. States like Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana have already converted to wind and solar and natural gas 100%. And those 60 cities and blue states likely account for probably 80% of the GDP in this country. So you should thank someone that there are still some smart people in government who see why this is important.

And this will be my final post to you. You go on ignore now

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

At this juncture? I'll say it: Blue states should secede from their red conservative neighboring states. Separate but equal nations. Let the GOP have Trump and all the corruption that goes with him. And no, I'm not naive and know that applies to the left, but I cannot fathom it is even a quarter as prevalent as it is with this bunch.

The only question is if red states would sink without blue states around to bail them out. But let's see... Because from where I sit, the "United" States of America is already dead.

• Members

I was thinking about things like what's been going on in Portland, where hate groups seem to be increasingly active and violent. I don't ever really trust anywhere anymore because as time passes it seems like the more progressive a place is the more dangerous backlash is waiting around the corner. 

• Members

Seriously. Anybody who thinks that the left doesn't have it's own misogynistic, racist, science-denying element is in for a rude awakening. Also secession just leaves a whole lot of people we need stuck in what would essentially be slave states. I'm in what is currently a red state.

I love when Jane decides to read a fool.

• Members

Too busy making those champagne popcicles, I guess.

I'm reading that Nicaragua (who didn't sign the Paris accord because they thought it didn't go far enough), is embarrassed to be on the list with the U.S. so they plan on signing onto the accord.

Trump is quickly dragging the U.S. into pariah territory, the kind of country that other countries will only deal with when they absolutely must and have no other choice.

Ever since the Russians began to grumble about how Trump was no longer 'their man' a few months ago, I've been on Vlad Watch to see when/if Putin would start dropping little nuggets of info to blow up Donny's 'spot', which is why my ears perk up when old Vlad started his plausible deniability about Russian hackers, who in his opinion are patriots.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Well, Nicaragua plans to be 90% Renewables by 2020, so it's not really comparable to the laggards.  A few months ago, I saw a video where they were well on their way to making all their schools 100% energy independent.  

Those who are lumping Nicaragua in with the 'laggards' are inaccurate and unhelpful to the debate.  People should take the time to see and learn what the country has actually been doing. People there seem fairly committed to taking their own energy independence into their own hands. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer