The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't doubt their intentions, but I've seen so many important pieces of legislation dragged down or stomped into the ground by those who stayed out for reasons of purity. Of course it isn't fair of me to judge them by American standards. 

Speaking of American standards, it looks like we are still getting naked efforts to distract and distract from the Russia investigation. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/devin-nunes-intervenes-russia-investigation-239026

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The infighting is going to be very helpful as the walls close in on these criminals.

In special election news, this Democrat is running for South Carolina's 5th district seat. The ad is a bit corny and I hate how people running for office feel like they have to be "entertaining" but I have to admit it made me smile and toss him some cash.

• Members

Am I crazy to suspect that maybe, just maybe, Bannon ARRANGED for the stuff about Kushner to be leaked, but was clever enough to cover his own moose tracks?

Ugh.  It's a cliche, but it's also very true: there is no honor among thieves.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Very true. 

I once read that industrialized countries are responsible for the overwhelming lionshare of the world's greenhouse gases but the poor nations are most likely to suffer the consequence.

It's unlikely that Nicaragua's carbon footprint even comes close that of the U.S. and other industrialized, wealthy nations.

• Members

Oh it's obvious he's gained weight. That's what I found so funny about the way he preened after shoving the Montenegro PM. He lifts his head in order to try and minimize his double chins and geezer neck. It's good to hear that he's miserable though. All that stress is accelerating his dementia.

• Members

I read a story -- I think it was in Newsweek? -- about the Pope teasing Melania about Trump's weight.  Apparently, Pope Frankie spoke to Mellie in Italian, asking whether she makes her hubby some rich, fattening dessert that they serve in her homeland.  Of course, Mellie speaks Italian fluently, and President Stay-Puft doesn't.  Ergo, the pope's joke, like much in his life, went over Donny's proverbial head.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I just saw this this morning. he's so arrogant. 

she did herself NO favors yesterday. she should have apologized and moved on.....but now she's the victim? she would be where she is if SHE hadn't done that stupid crap. 

• Members

Between Griffin and Maher, toxic white progressivism is having some kind of competition to see who can be more thirsty and tone deaf. I see people saying he should lose the show for this. If that happens watch him become even more vicious and nihilistic. He still hasn't gotten over losing Politically Incorrect.