Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They're refugees that we're brought here (I'm in Australia) before they could be properly vetted because they were trying to get them out of wherever before they got killed. They are currently being held in limbo at what are basically offshore detention camps while Australia tried to find places for them and get them vetted. Basically Australia doesn't want them so they're trying to force them to go other places. Obama agreed for some of them to be brought to the US. Trump said he'd honour the deal but now this is happening.

I just don't even know what the [!@#$%^&*] to say about all this. Everyone I know and everyone here is just like WTF.

EDIT: Basically what OzFrog also basically said below as well.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

Yeah, Doug can go.  Haven't liked the character of Paul for awhile anyway, but now - Doug can go as far as I'm concerned.  Just read another post.....loves everyone regardless of their belief.  I'm sorry - but reeks of the Politics I hear everyday - and I grew up near D.C.....love the sinner/hate the sin....he loves everyone regardless of their beliefs.  He's a trumper.  Bye Doug/Paul.

Strangely I saw a post by a fan from like a month ago that said they would love to see Paul and Nikki together again in a love scene and he posted...."EWWWWWW".  

I have no idea what that's about but.....immature.  He can go. 

• Members

Oh don't get me started. It is a long convoluted tale, but essentially the Australian Government does not want any refugees who attempt to come by boat to land on Australian soil. So every time this happens, the refugees are sent to offshore processing centres, and are told that they can either go back to where they came from (seriously), or otherwise be onforwarded to another country that would be willing to take them. IMO, it is f***ing inhumane, but unfortunately with the conservative government we have right now, there is no chance of this being overturned in the near future.

• Members

I still think it's too soon about comparing Trump and W, but I will say that lately I've dreaded even going to sleep because I don't know what I will hear about when I wake up. I didn't do that even during W. These last few days have been genuinely terrifying. 

(it doesn't help that I was asleep and a relative woke me up to tell me about the first plane crashing into the tower on 9/11...) 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This. Look at the interview with the ghostwriter for The Art of the Deal. He's a stupid privileged manbaby who simply doesn't have the attention span to to be some master manipulator. The problem is he is surrounded by people who are master manipulators. Bannon is the one playing a chess game.

• Members

Trump is pathological and generally ignorant.  I have never understood why people give him so much credit for being such a great businessman when he was born into wealth and has used the system to bail him out of bad deals he's made. 

His ignorance is on full display everyday now.

The greatest compliment he seems to be getting are from reporters/analysts fishing for something positive to say by constantly repeating how he's doing what he said he was going to do and no politician has ever kept their promises.  But is he really doing what he said he was going to do?  Is is he building on quicksand since these rushed through actions might not stand up to legal challenges?

All of his boasting has taken away his option of being able to fall back on goodwill if anything major happens.  He's made it much easier for other nations to be encouraged to unite against the U.S. by his tyrannical nature. 

I believe he's the biggest test of the legislative to come along in some time.

He's threatening Berkley's funds because of the protest against his supporter Milo Yiannopoulis and California is not the state for him to go after.