Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I always said I wanted to know what life was like during the Watergate era.  #bcarefulwhatuwish4

That's especially true now that we've had our first Monday Night Massacre.

Again, I say, Vee is right: this [!@#$%^&*] cannot go on.

• Members

I believe every bit about Preibus. I don't think any of these people have a clue how to manage the white house and all are like bulls in a china shop. Clinton if I recall replaced his CoS after a year due to problems and the lack of structure and organization. That's when Panetta became CoS.

• Members

The thing is, Congressional Republicans might reach that point BEFORE they can accomplish everything on their agenda.  I, too, wonder whether they expected this amount of pushback from the public.  I could be wrong, of course, but provided the protests and efforts to resist continue at this level or intensify, Congressional Republicans will soon have to make that choice: either screw their agenda (and possibly, their final grasp at relevance) and save the damn country, or press ahead, even if it means the entire United States being broken apart permanently.  Silence and passivity will no longer be options.

At this point, I think we have to prepare for the worst.

• Members

Our dear friends, the Russians, just voted for domestic violence to be decriminalized. Figured we'd remember things suck elsewhere, too. But, remember, beat your wives WITHOUT causing substantial bodily harm and ONLY once per year. Sorta like the purge, get it out of your system.

I wonder, will he see this and think, "Great idea!"?

This is why I made my most recent status update. It really wasn't a joke. Things can get to that point SO easily, as many, many countries have discovered.

Yeah, the "pawn" phrasing may be taking it too far. But a mother manipulating her daughter in such a way sounds very plausible, though.

Edited by YRBB