Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not that Sen. Lewis NEEDED to shut down Trump and everyone else who said he was "all talk," but I'm glad he sat with the protestors if only to put them in their places.  Civil rights are human rights, and vice-versa.  Frankly, we need more men like Sen. Lewis to remind us of that.

God bless Sen. Schumer as well, even as some might look at his act as grandstanding.  The Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution are not just items you bone up on in order to win on "Jeopardy!".  Collectively, they are the contract that our nation's forefathers drew up with the rest of the world. We MUST uphold our end of the deal, ladies and gentlemen, or be held liable.

Edited by Khan

• Members

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti/koch-network-official-calls-trump-ban-the-wrong-approach?utm_term=.ttkN8nA7bG#.ttkN8nA7bG

Koch Brothers speak out against ban.

In what world do the Koch Brothers and Bill Kristol become the Republicans with sense.

Since they own Ryan and Pence, I wonder how this impacts their positions?

• Members

The rumors are that Priebus is on the verge, can't handle this anymore. He pathetically went out and tried to defend this and the Holocaust statement which was pure Bannon.

I think it's a strong possibility he will, or, if pressured enough, Trump will offload Bannon and Miller the way he did Lewandowski while trying to still keep them around. If it's him or them he always chooses himself.

Meanwhile:

• Members

I was glad to see that Canada reaffirmed their commitment to taking refugees. I guess I'm cynical, but I don't give any credit to people like the Koch brothers. They have their agenda and it's nothing to do with being magnanimous. Then again, any ally looks good about now, I guess.

I wonder if Trump were actively trying to cause chaos with this EO.  It just seems like he could have done essentially the same thing in a more discreet way. Not even letting people who were already in transit in was bound to cause an uproar.  I feel like he's trying to do so many things at once to cause distraction and confusion.

Also, I'm so tired of hearing that it's unchristian to send people away. I guess if it guilts some people in to doing the right thing that's nice, but I don't care what Jesus would do and I feel that's the kind of thinking that gets us in these messes in the first place.