Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not kidding myself in regards to anything. I'm pretty sure he didn't pay any taxes and it honestly isn't any of my business.

I think this whole brouhaha is a media controversy at its core. I don't care if it's democrats or republicans I  rarely see the need to see someone else's taxes. The whole public has a right to now thing Is just bs that the media has concocted and hidden behind for ages.

And it would be so nice to have a reasonable conservative voice around here. Even if it's just to debate tax policy and economics. 

• Members

The taxes are more about transparency, conflict of interest, and validation of some financial stability. You may not personally be interested, but it's one common element we all have that can be looked at to at least partially validate those things.  Mitt Romney got criticized for his low tax rate but I don't think much else and honestly I had no gripe with it myself. But when someone sells their key expertise as being successful in business as one of their assets in being president, than I don't believe reviewing their tax returns is a huge demand. Particularly when many already know his shady business history, and what he himself has said about "freeloaders(the 47 percent). Plus there should be concerns about his business interests in terms of interacting with foreign countries. His coziness with Russia is still very shady IMO and likely lies with financial backing he got from there which we really don't know much about. And it's common practice for the last 40 years and he was all over Romney 4 years ago for not releasing his until he did.

• Members

I just read more of the Rudy stuff and it's bewildering even for that despot. 

- Hillary cheated on Bill 

- it's alright if Bill cheated on Hillary, because everyone cheats 

- there's nothing wrong with Bill cheating, the problem is the wife's role in it 

I hope all the people who nod along with this realize just how far this type of frothing hatred of women will reach. 

• Members

That's what happens when you isolate yourself with Fox News and Breitbart people.

Georgia is close to going blue. It's one of those states that's lost white residents and continued to diversify particularly in the higher populated areas. I read(correct me NBA) that they actually have a fairly large and growing Asian population also. I read Kasim Reed met with the DNC leadership and Clinton's team recently to get support to helping to flip it as they feel the potential votes are there.

• Members

Georgia is a prospect if Hillary wins big, but it's not a place where they are putting many resources. The Atlanta suburbs to the north are blood red and a tough nut to crack. More moderate Republicans in Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton and Gwinnett might crossover to vote Clinton, though.

• Members

So of course 24 hours after I give kudos to the NY Times, they have to publish this crap, which is more of a novel than an article.

It's all about Bill, Gennifer, Monica and a little bit of Paula and what Hillary may or may not have done to discredit and or destroy the women.   

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/us/politics/hillary-bill-clinton-women.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/Wcb3hEm3XK

Betsy Wright, former Bill campaign chair, "It is reprehensible that The New York Times is joining The National Enquirer and Donald Trump by dredging up irrelevant slime from the past." 

Also, Bill and Hillary refused to be interviewed. Brian Fallon of her campaign says, "The country closed the book on these matters close to 20 years ago, and there is nothing whatsoever new here."

• Members

I didn't know their history, but I know that this election year, they barely went after Trump, unless you count recently. I did hear their editorial board gave an amazing endorsement of her though. 

Josh of Talking Points Memo got a bunch of Dems to take back the frog, featuring Kermit with hashtags such as #takingbackthefrog and #imwithker.

Please register in order to view this content