Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I will be surprised it it's not by lunchtime. Everyone said he was going to go to the middle when he won the primaries, and he didn't. There was an obvious reason for that (he is eternally proving himself to the far right). The whole thing is odd.

His ideology always confuses me anyway, besides the ideology of money. Since reading about some of his views on abortion and gay rights before entering politics, I've always assumed he is a social conservative who pretended to be a moderate to get elected, and then somehow became a social conservative pretending to be a moderate pretending to be a social conservative.

• Members

I absolutely believe he's saying it. Why? Because, unlike Obama, the man has bigger fish to fry. As a voter who leans right, I could care LESS about this statement or his stance on abortion. Things aren't going well in the country these days and abortion really ranks rather low on the list.

Seizing upon this statement is a clear act of desparation on the part of liberals. Let's face it... you guys spend more time talking about Romney's statements or positions than selling Obama's. This is precisesly why Obama is getting hammered right now.

But keep it up... Let's keep discussing Romney's more moderate positions... it plays really well...

• Members

I don't get this. Most campaigns aren't about how good you are, but how bad the other person is. Romney's only campaign has been making sure people hate Obama enough to support him. He has no plans of his own. If he does, he changes them around at random.

The heart and soul of the GOP put abortion above just about anything else. Once Romney's in office he's going to be working for them, hardcore, because he will be terrified of a primary fight in 2016.

• Members

There were more than 1,100 abortion-related bills introduced in 2011. It's a major part of the Republican platform. The idea that Romney's flip-flopping on this issue isn't important isn't borne out by the amount of time and attention the GOP has focused on the issue.

Do you know what projection is?

Edited by marceline

• Members

Were any lesbians out there jealous that gay men always got so much hate group focus for dying young? If so, worry no more - the new meme is that lesbians are dying in their 60s, and if they were straight, they'd live many more years. And Sally Ride is dragged into this just for the hell of it.

http://gay.americablog.com/2012/10/religious-right-attacks-astronaut-sally-ride-for-being-a-lesbian.html

• Members

I was just watch a panel (excluding the Latina Republican) on CNN reacting in incredulity over Romney's abortion statements. They were talking about how many times he has flip flopped starting when he was governor of Massachusetts. All Romney has done is reminded people that he will say anything to get elected. I fully expect those independents and women who started to lean his way after the debate in the national polls to be back in Obama's column by next week.