November Sweeps: Rank 'Em!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would give Y&R an A+, ATWT a B+ (loved the focus on Lucinda and Nuke!) and OLTL a C (good execution, but pretty disgusting subject). B&B has gone downhill fast meriting a D+, same as GH. The only F I would give out is for AMC. That show is the epitome of why soaps are mocked.

• Members

BINGO!

If anything the current Victoria is COMPLETELY unlikeable.

She lacks the soulfulness and warmth that Heather brought to the role. And also the intensity when the scenes call for it.

Heather is being wasted on that godawful B&B...

And listen,. I don't watch AMC, but someone said that AMC is why soaps are mocked- Hell to the no! B&B in its current state os why soaps are mocked.

I cannot believe that this TRASH is the one of the most watched shows in the world!!!

And I cannot tell you how much I miss Darlene Conley too. RIP~

• Members

I have read, and thought, OFTEN, that I wish Heather Tom and Amelia Heinle could just switch roles.

As a stunt, it would get a lot of publicity.

But I think they are more suited for their respective roles. Heather IS Victoria. And I think Amelia could infuse Katie with the sweetness and insecurity that she is supposed to have. Amelia's Katie would be more like Bridget...and therefore more plausible as the kind of woman Nick would gravitate toward. Heather just seems over-the-top to me in her Katie role.

I think everyone would make out well in that trade.

• Members

My preference for Amelia aside, I suspect the only way Heather would ever return to Y&R would be if Amelia left of her own accord. While Amelia isn't as popular as Heather (yet), she does have enough of a fan base to keep her on the show. Also, if Heather returned she would have to work with Thad Luckinbill, the husband of the woman who was just shafted in favor of Heather, and I assume that would be very awkward for all involved.

• Members

Why would Amelia want to go to shitastic B&B? Unless she's going to play "Brooke," "Donna", "Ridge" or "Nick," she would be on for a few weeks then relegated to holding-up-a-wall duty along with Lesli Kay, Ashley Jones and Winsor Harmon.

My pick for Sweeps:

Y&R -- A

OLTL -- A

AMC -- A

^^ Tied. They all offered something different & satisfying this month.

B&B -- F

GH -- F

Brad Bell needs to stop writing and just EP. His total lack of any long-term vision is ruining the show. As for GH, Guza should have gone years ago. He is beyond burnt out. GH doesn't even feel like a soap anymore.

• Members

I would love me some HTom as Victoria, however the show just doesnt write her like that.

thats why i dont have an issue with AH in the role, she plays what is written. When Victoria is bitchy she plays it well. They just dont write Victoria like they should.

I dont see Thad leaving even if AH was fired to be honest.

• Members

Y&R was the winner of the Nov Sweeps. OLTL is a close second and AMC is a distant third. Days, GL, B&B, GH and ATWT was the worst sweeps ever. I don't know what the hell what they was up to, but they fail, big time. Y&R went back to the old school way of storytelling and it paid off with fanfare and they care about the fans unlike other soaps. I think that OLTL was save for the performances of Susan and Trevor, but the s/l fell flat when they slept together. It ruined the character of Todd and I don't know if he can come back from it. But Y&R was clearly the winner of Nov Sweeps.

Archived