The View 10/07/08: Sheri vs. Elisabeth

Ryan

• Members

GO SHERI!

After listening to Elisabeth spread her lies and talk about Obama's character, Sheri questions McCain's judgement and character by calling him out on leaving his wife for Cindi.

Elisabeth goes "oh that's too personal"

Go Sheri!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is the you tube of the fight. Elizabeth gets smacked down! Sherri is so right about Charles Keating and Elizabeth tries to brush it off as nothing. Elizabeth needs to shut the hell up in calling people hate mongers. Glass houses...

• Members

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is ''really upset'' with her "View" co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar about the presidential election, a longtime staff member of the show reportedly told the Chicago Sun-Times.

''It's not as bad as during the Rosie [O'Donnell] era,'' the source added, but said it's bad enough that ''View'' creator Barbara Walters has called a ''cooling off'' meeting between the conservative Hasselbeck and the more liberal Goldberg and Behar.

In July, Hasselbeck was in tears after a discussion about the use of the n-word, in which Goldberg told her the two "don't live in the same world."

Earlier this month, O'Donnell said her former co-host Hasselbeck and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin are "identical cousins ... women who hunt in high heels."

Left-leaning O'Donnell chose to depart the ABC daytime talk show "The View" earlier than planned last year following an on-air confrontation with Hasselbeck.

As a featured guest on "The Martha Stewart Show" in April, O'Donnell referred to Hasselbeck as "a little Republican who scared me."

Last year, Hasselbeck said she tried to keep her cool during her on-air spat with O'Donnell, in which a political discussion over the war in Iraq became heated when an angry O'Donnell decried Hasselbeck for not standing up for her when media outlets suggested that she'd called U.S. troops "terrorists" during a previous debate.

• Members

I didnt like Sherri getting personal liek that but it was to counteract Elziabeth's negative tirades. The woman is a hypocrite and says its fine to attack Obama's character but cant handle it when someone does so about McCain/Palin. I really cant stand her

• Members

I dont think that she wants obama attacked and mccain/palin left alone to be honest. I think shes trying to bring a rounded discussion to a very uneven show. Of course she rbings up anything anti obama because the other three bring up anything anti mccain, and of course she defends mccain and not obama, much like the others defend obama and not mccain ever.

also, i think what Liz met when she said something about too personal was Sheri's hubby cheating on her and thats too personal blah blah blah type thing. I also didnt think Liz said Obama was a hate monger (sp?) but the that rev guy was (and, IMHO, he is...). I know no one on here has said she said it about him, but i have seen in other places. it just didnt come off thatw ay to me, but i might be wrong.

Either way this show needs a total overhaul. I also think part of the reason Liz is soooo extreme is that shes the only one on that "side" its 3 on 1 with one too scared to piss people off to ever add anything to the actuall conversation. I think if there was more of a balance she might not be so extreme in her views, but when attacked she, like 99% of people, go on the defense.

Sadly, i dont see Babs shaking up the view because it needs it bad, but to be honest she needs to go. because she never adds anything. Or she should become the moderator. thbey really need a young person in there now because Liz is out of the 20's lifestyle that theyw ere going for when she got the job. And they need someone in the middle of the partys, and someone from the non entertainment world, maybe someone not a mother would also be nice. idk. this show use to be aweosme but now its so typical and boring and pretty unbalanced.

• Members

Really, I didn't agree with anything you posted. But this first line stood out for me.

How, exactly do you think she tries to bring a "rounded discussion" to the show? All she ever does is spout off RNC talking points. She not at all open-minded. She's an empty-headed Hannity clone, IMHO.

I don't think it's exactly true that there's no one middle of the road on the show. Before this election, Sherri Shepard sided with Hasselbeck at times on views of religion. I've seen it myself. And she supported GWB in 2004, I believe. Regardless, now she is obviously supporting Obama. What's wrong with that? Is she a true moderate? Nope. But she's close enough.

Finally, I won't get into the whole Rev. Wright issue, because it's been discussed on the Prez thread. But I will say simply, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If Hasselbeck doesn't want her candidate's party attacked for their unorthodoxed church, then she should not throw stones at Obama.

• Members

maybe rounded discussion isnt the right wording, but i thinks he tries toi bring up other view points, other angles, and it becomes a gang attack against her, and then she goes on the defense. I dont think shes closed minded at all, i think she is forced into a role much more extreme than she really is.

Honestly, ic ant discuss SS. Not in terms of the view, because i have nothing at all nice to say. But i dont thinkt ehre is anything wrong with her changing her outlooks and views and supporting whoever she wants to support.

She isnt the mod, Whoppi (sp?) is.

i could not agree more. both should be discussed, brought up, and whatnot. Who you surround yourself with IS relevent, IMHO.

• Members

JP, I admire your ability to give Hasselbeck the benefit of the doubt IRT her views. For me, I really do think that she is that extreme. I haven't seen anything from her on this show that would make me believe otherwise, therefore my conclusion is such. I will just leave it at that... ;)

Yes, Whoopi is the moderator of the show. What I meant to say was that SS came across as a moderate in the political realm there for a little while. Maybe she's leaning more to the left these days...

Do you mind my asking how you have come to this SS dislike? I see that you've mentioned it before. Is it her presence on this show in particular, or did you not like her before The View?

• Members

I totally understand your conclusion. And honestly, a part of me giving Liz some doubt is i am painted as this extreme one sided person, and im not. And i think when you find soemthing you can relate to in a person you go off that ;)

Oh yes yes, oi see now. Sorry for that.

I *LOVED* her before she joined the show. I actually still do really like her OUTSIDE of the view. I think she is a great comedic actress, and as someone who had met her i think shes an amazing person to be around. But i DISPISE her on this show. I cant even tell you why.... i just cant stand her. I feel liuke she has NO real view, adds no real input, and is pointless. Its a wasted slot on what could be an amazing show. I think she would be fine as a fillin host from tiem to time, i just think that slot should have went to someone diff. She is the main reason i dont watch everyday.

• Members

Really? I've never noticed that in you at all. In fact, I think your posts are usually open-minded about alot of things, politics being just one example. I can't believe that someone would think of you as one-sided, but that's just me. :):)

;) Thanks for explaining that to me. I can understand how you might feel that way.

Archived