The View 10/07/08: Sheri vs. Elisabeth

Ryan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are plenty of more intelligent Republican women out there. What really annoys me about Elisabeth is her refusal to admit when her candidates are wrong, whether its Bush, McCain or Palin. She talks over the other women so often that I can't watch the View because I want someone to just smack her!

• Members

Whoopi has defended John McCain in many instances. She's called out Obama when he's been wrong on points. Out of all them, Whoopi and Sheri are really the only ones who try to have an objective opinion on both sides. Joy is extreme on her thought, Elisabeth is extreme on hers.

It seems like they gang up on Elisabeth, but in fact, they aren't. Elisabeth lies. She puts on false information and there are MANY times when Whoopi could/should have corrected her but didn't in order to not have an argument.

Elisabeth is a dangerous woman. She scares me (as does Joy, though her statements are usually backed up with truthful fact)

• Members

IA. Sherri, Whoopi and Barbera all try and be objective and open minded when it comes to the issues and Elizabeth. Im all for differing opinions but if you are going to be on tv and express those opinions defend them and back them up. She doesnt. THere have been numerous times when they have asked her the same and tried to give her a chance to talk about her opinions but when asked a direct question, she almsot always retaliates by insulting the other side and/or throwing back the question at hte girls without answering it first. Thats what bugs me about her. She is a hypocrite and defends McCain/Palin to the death and calls them out on thins but when the same is done in reverse, she has a fit. She simply can not debate her views intelligently and it shows. I hate that she blindly follows everything Republican and even when they are clearly wrong, she has to find a way to defend and excuse their actions. She cant take a step back and admit fault and that scares me how much of a sheep she is

• Members

I think Joy Behar can be extreme at times but she will back off when someone brings up a point that she didn't consider. And for the most part there does seem to be some logic at work even if a person might not agree with her. Elizabeth Hasselback gets stuck on a specific thing and seems to think repeating it every day is a good thing, despite the fact that it always leads to the same argument.

I don't have an issue with her having her own opinion and expressing it but I don't see the benefit in her initiating the same argument about Ayers almost every show. BW made a request for none of them to sling mud and EH totally blew her off. She could have taken a more respectful approach to making her point with BW.

EH is the most persistent person on that show when she has a bone and unfortunately it takes all of the others to halfway make a dent which makes it seem as though they are ganging up on her.

I don't see the issue as having to balance the viewpoints because if you're having a debate or discussion with open minded people then each person will respect another person's viewpoint. EH is close minded when it comes to politics and some other issues and therein lies the problem. And she's unprofessional since she took information she got in her capacity as a co-host of the show about Michele Obama, and mentioned it while speaking at the GOP Convention. Had she repeated something that aired on the show, I wouldn't think that of her.

• Members

I think thats what the network is thinking too. 95% of all the fights on that show center around her. Its a shame, but people like to see drama and controvery and those women fighting so much lately is probably why the ratings have been up. Elizabeth is the cause of most of it. I hate her but I have to admit, I do watch to see it all unfold. It gives us something to write about on here.

All the View needs now is some controversal female celebrity with strong political goals before the election. Wheres Margaret Cho, Sandra Bernhardt or Kathy Griffin when you need them

Archived