Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ehhh, I don't really see Britney in the Grammy category. She's more of a performer and I've always thought the Grammies are (supposedly) more of an actual singing/vocalist type of award. I think when so much has been done to your voice, it gets hard to tell talent. There are lots of people who could sing a song like Womanizer and do the same kind of job she did with it. How do you compare one person's electronically modified voice to another? I think she got some kind of dance song Grammy with Toxic, but again, that's not as mainstream as most of the awards. I'm not downing her, I'm just saying that's the reality of her style now.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I don't think the video is her best work. From 1-10, I call it a 6.

Much like the "Circus" video, the audio and video are off a bit, but not nearly as noticeable. Britney looks SMOKING! But the video loses "oomph" for me as soon as she turns into the 50's housewife. That, integrated with the "Amy" version of Britney, does send a powerful message, though.

No matter who she is or what time period she's from, the media's still going to have its way with Britney/her life. At least, that's the message I took from it!

• Members

I have to give Britney a shout out. I absolutely love her and she's came a LONG way from where she was just a year ago. Circus is such a FUN album. I wish her nothing but the best. The Circus tour looks incredible, it's ashame she's not making a stop in my area.

• 2 weeks later...