Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Heres the VIDEO.....

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?vid=288244

Personally, not only do I love the song, I freaken love love love the video. She looks great, she looks happy and im glad Britney's back in full-force. Yeah the song isnt my favorite from her (that will always be Im a Slave for you), but its still good. And the repetitivness in the song is really not shocking considering how alot of the top pop songs are extremely repetitve nowadays(remember Holla-Back Girl lol).

And I have a feeling this song is going to number one, and that her CD will be a huge success. And I never understand why people say "Blackout" wasnt a good album...it was seriously her BEST, even the critics loved it which isn't always the case with a Britney CD.

Edited by Ms. Chandler Quartermaine

• Members

Max Martin's productions are always so generic. Though, he's changed from his original Swedish synthpop productions to a more generic pop-rock sound with the stuff he's done with Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, and P!nk. I fully expect his recent Britney songs to follow in the pop-rock vein, he seems to be done with the synthpop of the late 90's/early 00's.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I always used to say that you should take the lyrics from one song he produced and sing it over the production track of another one of his songs and it would still sound the same. LOL!

I think Britney's first two albums, the Max Martin dominated ones, are her worst efforts. I think she's one of those acts whose music technically got better once she grew up.

• Administrator

LOL Yeah that's true.

I'm a bigger fan of Britney's first two albums than her latest ones because I mostly like the entire album, while now, I only like a couple off her albums.

If I name my top 10 Britney songs, I think all of them would be from her earliest albums.

• Members

i couldnt agree more.

I really dont like her first two albums, aside from Born To Make You Happy & Oops.. I Did It Again songs. Her Britney album was a change, and at the time i loved it, but looking back? Its ok. However In The Zone was great and Blackout was by far her best album. From start to finsih blackout was amazing, even its weakest songs are better than her best songs from the first three albums, imo. I cant wait for Circus.

The video was really good. I loved it, It wasnt her best, but it was far better than POM, Gimme, and Break The Ice. So thats good.

a few notes...

when she is in the copy room, laying the womanizers face down, the older guy watching is from the airplane on Toxic.

they focus on the date, March 20th. This is Hitler's birthday, national stoner day, and the day she (reportedly) met K-Fed

and wow. Nudity much? LOVES IT! I hate how ABC edited it with steam and whatnot. lame.

Edited by JackPeyton

• Administrator

My fav Britney songs (I couldn't just list 10 LOL):

- . . . Baby One More Time (. . . Baby One More Time) [Max Martin]

- Sometimes (. . . Baby One More Time)

- Born to Make You Happy (. . . Baby One More Time)

- From the Bottom of My Broken Heart (. . . Baby One More Time)

- Oops!... I Did It Again (Oops!... I Did It Again) [Max Martin]

- Stronger (Oops!... I Did It Again) [Max Martin]

- Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know (Oops!... I Did It Again)

- Lucky (Oops!... I Did It Again) [Max Martin]

- Walk On By (Oops!... I Did It Again) [Max Martin]

- Overprotected (Britney) [Max Martin]

- I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman (Britney) [Max Martin]

- Cinderella (Britney) [Max Martin]

- Before the Goodbye (Britney)

- Toxic (In The Zone)

- Everytime (In The Zone)

- Gimme More (Blackout)

- Piece of Me (Blackout)

- And Then We Kiss (B in the Mix: The Remixes)

Other notables:

- I Will Be There (. . . Baby One More Time) [Max Martin]

- What U See (Is What U Get) (Oops!... I Did It Again)

- Where Are You Now (Oops!... I Did It Again) [Max Martin]

- Dear Diary (Oops!... I Did It Again)

- Heart (Oops!... I Did It Again)

- When I Found You (Britney)

- Shadow (In The Zone)

- Break the Ice (Blackout)

So yeah, loved early Britney and a lot of them were songs by Max Martin. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Someone just told me that last Friday marked the 10th anniversary of Baby One More Time's (the song itself, not the album) release in North America (It was released in February 1999 in the rest of the world, and it was a major international hit). Where has the time gone? I can't believe Britney's marked her 10th official year in the music industry this month. Also, last week, "Womanizer" became her first #1 single in the US since Baby One More Time ascended to the pole position in early 1999, though the song fell this week.