Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmmmm, not a single song from Max Martin in the whole album and only one from Dr. Luke... and it's a Bonus Track! What's up, Britney? Too good for the people who made, and kept you, famous? :P

I had really high hopes for the Orbit song but meh. I like Perfume. And Work Bitch is as meh as always. Not sure where this is going....

• Members

I just need her to run far, far away from will.I.am. I think this will be her last album for a while, anyway, but I hope he's busy somewhere else when/if she does another one. I love Work B**ch, and I grew to like Scream & Shout (and Big Fat Bass from FF), but a whole album of his stuff? [Elizabeth Taylor]Nooooooooooo....[/Elizabeth]

I do enjoy Now That I Found You, and I'm sure some of the others will grow on me. The cover IS gorgeous (though I like Femme Fatale's and Black Out's better), and the album title is cute, but I don't know if this is the right album for that title.

• Members

Ah, bless you. These are exactly my thoughts (minus the crossed out stuff, of course lol) but I was too disappointed to even get into it.

I just don't know what possessed her to think this sound and that ... producer were what she needs. Just, no.

• Members

I enjoyed the album for what it was, but what's surprising is that the uptempos are the major let downs on the album. The album seems uneven mostly because it sounds like they wanted to make a personal effort but then realized half way threw that they needed something to play in the clubs and on the radio. I wish they would have just gone with the initial premise and made the personal album they advertised it as. In terms of quality it reminds me of Britney (her other self-titled album). It hints at personal territory but falls a bit short and regresses towards tried and true methods. Alien, Chillin With You and Perfume are all great though, you can kind of see the world threw her point of view with those songs.

• Members

For me this album seems to be (rough guess):

-60% things Britney actually wanted to put on it (though not all are executed correctly)

-30% things will.i.am/ other producers probably forced onto the album for the sake of having club songs & potential radio hits

-10% songs that didn't make the cut on Femme Fatale

I feel like Britney really cared about this album and wanted it to be genuine but the record execs probably panicked and thought it wouldn't sell. So in turn it kind of feels like they tried to make an album encompassing every sound/song type Britney has ever done. And that's actually a great idea but the execution was poor and it comes across on several tracks as sort of a "how many synthesized beats and EDM elements can we add on this track to make it sound like Classic Britney but also be groundbreaking?" album. And that isn't necessary. If they had just let Britney do her thing, it would have worked out much better. Even on the best songs on the album I feel like they tried to drain some of the genuineness out of the effort to make it "marketable".

Overall, I enjoy the album and like i said I LOVE some songs. But it's just not cohesive enough, and that's not Britney's fault.

I would say 3 out of 5 stars.

Edited by Mr. Vixen

• Administrator

I hated Blackout and thought that was her worst album....until now. Britney Jean is by far her worst album. I really liked Femme Fetale (and her earler albums) because it was more pop and I prefer pop-Britney over dance-club-Britney. While I hated Blackout, the album at least has "Piece of Me" and "Radar" which I still listen to. Britney Jean has no songs that I will listen to years from now. Britney needs to get back with Max Martin and Dr. Luke and let them produce/write the majority of her songs.

• Members

FF was basically the rejects from the circus album and it was obvious. That album wasn't good but it wasn't this bad either.

I love club britney. I want to be drunk, dancing with friends in the club to britney. But britney mean just sucks.

On a positive note, Jamie Lynn spears' new music is awesome. Very country, but great.