Y&R: Week of September 08, 2008

• Members

They don't need another family. They have the Chancellors, Winters, Baldwin-Fishers along with the soon to be revitalized Abbotts. I know if I say I want to see more of the Baldwin Fishers many will say we have seen enough of them. But the fact is we have seen too much of Gloria so her reduced air time makes sense. But Michael and Lauren have really not been used much this year and had little story of their own last year.

I know Michael will supposedly have this father story and that would be good if it was about Michael and his father but no doubt it will also be about Gloria. I think the Baldwin-Fishers would be a much better family if they go back to how it was structured in 2004 with Michael being the base of the family. They need to really deal with a Michael-Lauren story and give them some conflict and I don't mean an affair which is cheap and doesn't fit with how they've been written. But Michael and Lauren only talk about other people's problems and occassionally Michael's issues. I want a Michael - Lauren story that plays on their histories and plays up CLB and TEB's talent. And would someone please remind them that Lauren is a business woman and CEO of her own company. If you were a new viewer you would think she was a stay at home mom although we never see her at her home or with her child.

I like the Newman story but it is getting to be too much. They can still have their story but they have been heavy front burner for over a year and we don't need to see their story 4 or 5 days a week.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. I'm enjoying Chloe/Jill/Esther/Kay but Cane....Ugh!! I think the Cane/Lily thing is getting on my last nerve. The teen feel of it is dragging DG/Cane's part, in the s/l, down. If TPTB puts him back with Lily after the sh!t hits the fan, I'm going to scream. I won't be able to take it.

I'm over Cane's drama queen act, as well.

• Members

MAB's comments in one of her fall preview interviews indicated that Restless Style isn't going away, but it may not be in the same form as it is now. I agree with what you say about the hints of Jack going back to Jabot given the way the story is leaning, but I'm not sure about Nick at Newman just yet.

• Members

Here are my ranom thoughts...

Restless Stle. I dont hate it, i actually think its a great thing to have on this show however Nick/Phyliss/Jack/Sharon just dont work together like this. Send Jack back to jabot. Send Phyliss back to newman. Keep Nick & Sharon there to create tension between them but also at home with the others. Use Amber & Daniel more, bring ina few other employees. Use restless Style as a backdrop, not a storyline.

I love the Newmans, i lvoe the story, i love that they are on. However the Abbott's sure do need to build back yp. Ashley & Billy will be great. However where is jack's son? How old is he now? Im sure he would be a great addition because hes a abbott, but also because most couples on this show suck and need a shakeup. How old would he be now? I think he needs to come back now. I also like the kay/Jill/esther/Chloe/Cane angle and hope they focus on that group/family.

And can we please start using char's all over the place again instead of isolating them?

Please, throw Lauren abck into the buisness life now.

And we can shake up these borring couples?

• Members

Let's just hope Chloe is a permanent roadblock. Having her separate Lane and Cane fall in love with her would be great. ;) Even though it's probably not going to happen.

Most of the other stories are okay right now. Neither is perfect, but at least it's interesting.

• Members

They could always write them out. I know I wouldn't cry for them. But Lily is too much of a princess and Cane is the Chancellor boy so there's probably no way. Maybe it'd be better if they wrote in some attitude on Cane.

• Members

I don't know... I think he's got it in him. And is he really meant to be that kind of character? I remember Thom Bierdz also playing Philip very sweet and soulful -- he didn't have attitude, strictly speaking. And yet he was perfect as Philip.

I am so looking forward to Monday's episode, you have no idea. I forgot there was no show on Friday and almost had a meltdown this weekend when I RWed and discovered... no Y&R!

Archived