Y&R: Week of September 08, 2008

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IRL -- TGVN = the classic abuser (albeit a mental/verbal one) while NIKKI = the classic victim.

I really don't think the writers had that analogy in mind when they were writing for the two of them, but watching Nikki grovel and humiliate herself has become painful.

• Members

I loved that moment on today's show when Adam, Vic and Nick were arguing by the staircase and Victor told them all to get out. That was great.

And Vicki is just too pathetic for words. Crying to her mama about Victor "throwing her out" at the ranch! Really, Vic? What about the part where he forgave you for what you did to Sabrina? Huh? Why are you just crying at being told to take your fight with Adam somewhere else?? Ugh.

IA Manny and Cashton....I don't know where they're headed with Nikki. I could deal with the drinking but the groveling at Victor's feet is just getting hard to watch IMO.

• Members

I haven't seen spoilers and could be totally wrong but maybe Nikki threw that chair against the window to yell at Victor for abandoning his children and the rest of the family, and not necessarily to grovel. Even during the pitiful displays on the beach last week, she did lay on the guilt trip (albeit pretty thinly) on how it was wrong for him to leave everyone who loves him behind. I'd love for her to continue in that vein tomorrow. It's time she invokes the protectiveness of the Lioness.

And while the grovelling was painful last week, I think it totally made sense. It was the absolute bottom of the barrel for her. Not only does David die, she finds out he had deceived her forEVER, she feels completely responsible and guilty for Sabrina's death, she then tries to find a missing Victor in another country, then hears he's dead, then he's miraculously alive?!?!?? All in a span of a few weeks? How the heck would you guys handle that?

OK, where the hell is PAUL??? Why do the writers have such ADD!! Bring him back on camera! Why don't they realize how good he and Nikki would be since Victor's all hating her now.

I was pissed at Kristoff's performance on Monday. The little gnat, Victor Newman (Jr.) sits in the office as if nothing has happened and he doesn't go off? He doesn't even steam? He doesn't even vent behind closed doors? Jesus Christ! Neil is so damn vanilla. The last closeup of him when JT carts Adam away, there was nothing in his eyes. In fact, he didn't show anything throughout the scene. Annoyance? No. Anger? No. Nothing. Satisfaction? Maybe. Fatigue? Perhaps. But the latter two don't work as effectively in such a scene, IMO.

I loved Joshua's performance when he cursed Victor out for abandoning the family. He was boiling and there was a nice mixture of emotions. Even though it wasn't OTT, you could still see it in his eyes how hurt and irate and shocked he was.

And to Sweet_VeeVee24, I totally agree with you on the Jack/Victor feud. That Jack would go after Victor even after Sabrina's death is exactly the reason why I always side with Victor in their feud. Jack always goes personal. It's sickening how spiteful he is. And, I swear, if Jack found Victor unconscious in Clear Springs last Winter, he would've left him there.

• Members

I don't know whether the writers/director purposely meant for this to happen, but when smug JT manhandled Adam out of NE, I just wanted to smack him. Even though payback was definitely heading Adam's way, I just hate JT! :lol: Looking forward to Pipsqueak's revenge! (and Sweet Vee, you must interview Chris Engen for SON! Love the character or hate it, I think CE is doing a great job).

I am still LMAO at TGVN's Videotape to the World. Like, his life is so important that everybody is watching the news, biting their nails and whispering "Oh my God" as the 'Tache drones on and on about how he "needsh to be a-lone. Ya got dat?"

Phick are so dull. Every time Nick has a bad day, Phyllis selflessly uncrosses her legs in order to comfort and heal. Golden Coochie = Miracle Balm!

Wow, Sharon sure did drive Noah over to the ranch damn quick. I couldn't help but wonder if she wanted to remind Victor that she's the mother of his grandson and wouldn't mind a little something in his next will (#5 and counting). "Oh, Victor, don't forget about us! We're Newmans, too!" Sharon is like one of these cheerleaders in high school who starts dating somebody in another clique and gets shunned by her friends. Then she dumps the guy because she doesn't like being "unpopular." Somehow, I sense Shack is going the same way. Wonder if they'll re-explore Shictor?

Wonder how long Victor will last without the laundry done and the study being dusted? I wish he'd fired the staff but brought back Miguel. The valet has been with him since Day One, through many wives and many deaths. Maybe Zapato = nuMiguel.

I'm actually looking forward to Nikki breaking into the ranch. She might not be in Beggy Mode. She might be in Bitch Hamster Mode.

• Members

never have understood what was wrong with a husband and wife having sex???? rather then having sex with someone who is not your husband or wife!!!! and forgive if I am wrong, it was Nick that went in for the kiss, as it was Nick who instigated the PHICK affair...yet Phyllis still gets 100% of the blame...but nobody blames Sharon for spreading her legs for her Brother In Law!

• Members

OK, first of all, calm down. I was just expressing my opinion! Last time I checked, that was still allowed.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of Phick. I'm not a fan of Shick, either. I think Nick, in general, is a neanderthal. My criticism of the scene is its repetitiveness. Something happens to Nick... Phyllis, in the supporting role she is now shoehorned into, listens to him b*tch about a SL we just saw... Then she offers up a little nookie to make him feel better.

Nothing against sex. Nothing against married sex. I am just a little :rolleyes: the way the writers choose to portray Phyllis, though. At least when they had their affair, she was dynamic, she was active, she was wrestling with very real emotions and conflicted feelings. She was flawed, human, relatable. She was also a mom -- and she had to deal with Daniel's disappointment. And Jack. For the past year or so, though, she has been written as little more than Nick's appendage. IMHO.

As for Sharon, her willingness to "get undressed first, ask questions later" has always earned her my b*tching on this board. Cameron, Victor, Diego, Brad -- she hasn't exactly covered herself with glory (nor has Nick, and I've posted about Mr. Entitled before). My previous post should clearly signal to you that I am not a Sharon fan.

Archived