Which soap is YOUR soap?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I grew up with a lot of them but I'd have to say the only one I really clicked with was GL. I remember when we'd visit our grandparents and they'd take us out for the day, her sister would always keep a diary for SFT, ATWT, EON, YR, but we'd always have to be home for her to watch GL first hand.

Thank goodness for DVR's, I can't imagine having someone keep a transcript of the show for me to read when I got home :lol:

• Members

I consider GL to be my soap. It's the one I hold to the highest standard because I know how good it can be, which is why the decisions by Wheeler and various other regimes haven't sit well with me. It is heartbreaking to know that the GL of today looks and feels nothing like the show I know and love. I have accepted it, despite what one could tell from my posts. It just still sticks a thorn in me at times, particularly when the press trumpet Ellen Wheeler as the best thing in daytime since the love triangle (like a few days ago).

I started watching in 1997, although my mom watched all through my childhood. She started watching GL after GH paired off Luke and Laura (my mom was a big Laura/Scotty fan). My first real memory is the Annie storyline. I can even remember commenting to my mom that the person she referred to as Roger looked differently.

After that, I think I really started watching religiously in 1999-ish and only stopped watching regularly in 2004/5, although Ellen Weston turned me off a bit during the MAC story.

• Members

Santa Barbara, of course, is my show. Humor. Romance. Drama. Rich Multi-layered characters.

It had it all and from 1986-1989, boasted the best cast ever to grace daytime. I miss it every day. Susan Lee really jumped the gun on that one. A & Marcy would have returned eventually and ratings would have picked up. That I'm sure of. Sad that SB's ratings at the time of its cancellation would place it in 2nd or 3rd place today.

• Members

thanks! You wont see that picture anywhere. Its actually a manip. I pasted Tina's face on Blair's body...lol.

I liked all the 3 main Tinas. AE was obviously the best, followed by Karen Witter. KT wasnt as great as them, but she was still Tina for me and I supported her and Cord

Pre-Arc by far. The arcs werent too bad until they got off track with the supernatural stuff, mainly the vamps

Archived