Which soap is YOUR soap?

• Members

If we're strictly US speaking, then it's Sunset Beach (1997-1999), all the way. It was my first foray into the daytime gene pool, and nothing can replace it from the top spot. I still love it to this very day. Who could have predicted it's cult status?

Then it's B&B (*1996-present). But there's not much difference between them, bar a few months-ish. * You'd be forgiven for being confuzzled over the dates, as B&B premiered in 1997, with '96 episodes on this side of the pond.

Next is Days, but that's all hit and miss (more miss than anything else). I'm not all that fussed about it, but do tune in whenever it gets good, which is practically never. Sadly all I know is of the "crazy Days", and not its stable non-crazy era.

ETA: How about you, Sylph? I could take a guess, but I'd probably... no certainly get it wrong.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well... Let me tell you one thing... If I ever decide to tell, it might be a surprise.

It's not DOOL (except if it were Bill Bell's), it's not Y&R, it's not PSSN... It's not GL (a soap being blurred by too many visions that inhabited it).

• Members

Sadly i dont remember the Sven storyline, it was before my time. I would love to see that. My earliest memories of Another World were Janice stabbing Mitch Blake, then turning around and going after Rachel, and their fight in the pool. I remember watching that with my grandmother and how creepy it was when everything went silent when Janice and Rachel surfaced from under the water during the knife fight, and my grandmother thinking that it was Rachel that had been stabbed. I also vividly remember watching when Rachel shot Mitch in the Cory Stables. My first solid storyline memory was batshit crazy Alma dressed up in the Raggedy Ann Costume and locking Blaine in the closet.

"Join us each weekday at this time for the continuing story of Another World!"

Chris

• Members

I have three by continent.

Coronation Street, Neighbours and The Bold and the Beautiful.

Unfortunately for the first time in 15 years, I have little to no interest in anything that happens to/on the last soap of that list.

Archived