Which soap is YOUR soap?

• Members

Really? Nah... granted, I was an NBC boy. That's dead on. Santa Barbara was up there too. But I never got into SuBe or Passions. So once Santa Barbara left, I started flirting with ABC and CBS, depending on what was going on with each network.

But it was ALWAYS Another World over Days for me. ALWAYS.

And now I just spend way too much time with my Tivo all around when it comes to daytime. Especially since there's mostly not a lot interesting going on to warrant this much time.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, I missed the LeMay years, although I've done LOTS of re-reading and re-viewing of some old episodes during those years.

I watched it my whole life, but sadly, my vivid memory only goes back to right before the Sin Stalker. I do have vague memories of moments during the Arizona storyline, and even Rachel/Janice in the pool. (Little Mikey had nightmares of Janice Frame) But in terms of really vivid memories, I remember Michael coming back, I remember Donna's picture of what the fans suspect are the triplets, I remember John's return, the Sin Stalker, etc. And it's DEAD solid in my mind from Cass and Kathleen forward.

ETA: The tail end of Cass/Kathleen, I mean. When they left the show together the first time.

• Members

Days of our Lives, for sure. I started watching 1996 and I've been watching constantly since.

The Young and the Restless was my mother's show. I remember it being the first soap that I actually watched. It would be on when I was home from school, or during holiday breaks and stuff. I remember seeing a Nick, Sharon, Amy, Matt, etc. as the show's teen scene. That was so long ago! :lol:

• Members

One Life To Live

I was insanely addicted as a kid from 1985 all the way until 2002 or so. Even the JFP era!!

I stopped watching around the time of Evangeline and the McBains as I truly can't stomach any of the actors, especially the chick who played Evangeline (I almost died when she was nominated for an emmy) and a certain much discussed actor.

Since that time I find the show completely boring with too many weak actors and storylines that drag the show down. I came back recently when Andrea returned but I still can't sit through it and I am done with soaps for awhile.

OLTL will always be my show though.

Y&R is a close second but I find it also, completely boring.

I keep hearing how great these shows are- and I JUST DON'T SEE IT.

• Members

B&B: 1987-present / premiered in 1988 here in Greece and I have watched since the very first episode. (I loved the early years when the Logans were still around)

Then came Santa Barbara (1984, after the earthquake / I think I was kind of obsessed with Ava Lazar's Santana Andrade- lol)

GH: 1980-81 episodes via a german satelite channel (I loved Lee and Gail Baldwin and Heather Webber and I adored Denise Alexander)

GL: the Douglas Marland era via another german satelite channel (loved Nola and the Reardons)

via an english satelite channel:

AW from 1987 when Philece Sampler's Donna was a tortured heroine and I got to see Denise Alexander as Mary :)

ATWT from 1987 / loved John and Lucinda, Kim and Bob / and I thought it was the most realistic show I had ever seen

Y&R 1986-present

Santa Barbara 1984-1992 episodes were shown here

SFT 1982-84 episodes

GL 1985-87 episodes - I was horrified to see how the show had changed from the Marland era :(

AMC 1983-84 - I also thought this was a very realistic soap with great acting

TEON 1980-81 episodes / Ira Giddeon held Nancy in the clinic and I was scared to death -lol

GENERATIONS - first six months

LOVING 1983-89 episodes

CAPITOL 1982-83 episodes

ATWT 1980 episodes this time on a greek network

AW 1983-84 episodes on a greek network (I thought this was a very boring period)

THE CITY / the first year

AMC 1993-95 episodes

GH 1983-84 episodes

DAYS 1987 episodes, then episodes from 1988, years later 1993-95 episodes and many years later 2003-04 episodes

OLTL: Marty's rape, the show lasted a year here but I ADORED IT (I guess I was the only person watching it here)

SUNSET BEACH: the first year

then came the internet....

eversince last September OLTL is my soap and I don't want to miss a single episode but B&B was my first love and the first daytime soap I ever watched...

• Members

I love that you watched OLTL during the Marty's rape storyline. EVERYONE in my high school watched that entire summer, guys too. We were all talking about it.

Why OLTL did not get nominated for best show that year, and WIN is beyond me. Howarth won, Haskell won, Hillary B Smith won, Writing won.....

I think that was Malone and Gottlieb's BEST work for their entire run....

I love Cheap's Tina and Cord avatar- I have never seen that picture before.

And I love your banner, with the exception of Krista Tesreau. The worst Tina recast EVER. Awful.

• Members

I started out with GL in late 1990, I was really invested in that show from 1991-1994, hence my love and adoration for Nancy Curlee. Above all, I think at its core, GL is about community and hope, which is probably why I was so drawn to it early on. When the show was written correctly, it always felt like "home" to me.

I watched ATWT during the same time as well and it was a close second.

I got into Y&R and GH, and AMC by 1993, and they would become my favourites for years to come. Y&R is probably MY soap in every way, probably due to its utter consistency over the years. I've always felt that Y&R at least tried to make its audience happy and entertained, which isn't something I got from the other soaps during the years. Even when Y&R wasn't technically at it best pre-Latham, it always had a consistent flow that made you know that the show you were watching didn't deviate too much from what you were used to.

I remember that Emmy ceremony very vividly, GL and OLTL won every category. GL won Lead Actor, Supporting Actor, Younger Actress, and Direction, and OLTL won Lead Actress, Supporting Actress, Younger Actor, and Writing. OLTL didn't get a Best Show nomination, and GL SADLY lost the Best Show Emmy to AMC, which even shocked Felicia Minei Behr, though AMC was a great show then.

• Members

Do you remember crazy Alma Rudder...........she was the one that gave me nightmares, dressing up as Blaine's Raggedy Ann Doll, and locking her in the closet, shooting Sandy, and terrorizing almost everyone in Bay City!

Chris

"Join us each weekday at this time for the continuing story of Another World!"

Archived