OLTL: Discussion for the week July 28th-August 1st

• Members

My favorite part of today's show was Viki and Charlie. I just love this love story. It's full of heartache, drama and love, all rolled up into one. I am SO glad that they just didn't put them back together, just to put them together. As frustrating as it gets sometimes for me because I want them as a couple, I am truly loving the way it is being written. And it is such a pleasure to watch a man not be afraid to show his emotions to the woman he is in love with, I was crying right along with him. Viki and Charlie's story is such a rootable story, and thats one of the reasons I love it so much.

As much as it is wrong that David and Addie were married, it was just so much fun to watch them together. They really seemed to care for each other and just enjoyed life every day. I love that Addie hasn't lost any of her simpleness and David didn't damage her anymore than she already is, and I loved that she compared Dorian to Todd, because if you think about it, she is just like Todd when she hammers on and on that she is ONLY doing things for her family, no matter what they are. I'm actually sad to see this reunion end, they were truly a lot of fun to watch.

After all is said and done and Marty gets her memory back, I really want Marty to go ape [!@#$%^&*] on Todd, and he will deserve every moment of that hurt.

And I just have NO words for John and Blair.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, aside from the fact that I have no interest in John/Blair and Todd/Marty, I really enjoyed the show today. I friggin LOVE Viki and Charlie. They make me laugh, they make me sigh and they sure as hell make me cry. Gosh, watching Charlie crying over the fact that he almost lost her had me watching with a big ole lump in my throat. I love how real their scenes are and I love that Viki's finally moving past his lies. These two are just so dang romantic. I also loved Addie telling Dorian off. Is there such a thing as a one sided annulment? I mean doesn't Addie have a say in any of this? And, David just needs to fess up to her about why he is getting the annulment. I think she would understand if she knew he had to bribe Dorian to save Viki's life.

• Members

I just started watching this show a week or so ago.

Can I just say that John McBain reminds me of Jason Morgan?

Anyway, I'm not sure I liked today's episode. But then again I wasn't really paying attention because I was packing.

I still can't see Robin Strasser as anything but Hecuba. :P

• Members

Okay. I will play.

I love Viki and Charlie today. This couple is what daytime soaps are all about: a very deep messy love in the afternoon honest to goodness romance with all the trimmings and then some. It helps enormously that we have two incredible actors in Kerwin and Slezak, and I too think that Slezak must be loving having such a deeply moving acting partner, it makes it even as good for her to react and 'play' act with him. It is what every actor dreams of, a perfect acting partner who is not afraid to go there, be it the tears the man sheds, the anger, frustration or his totally in your face proclamations of love. I get this couple and I get this couple because of the acting and because their writing is getting to be very, very in depth, so much so that I feel this couple is actually one of the best love stories on t.v. right now, they just are. It has everything you want in it, and best of you I feel like actually rooting for them to overcome it all and be together. It is a couple that soaps used to write all the time but got away from so much because they were focusing only on pizzaz and youth sluttly sex that had nothing to do with real relationships. I absolutely flicking adore and love to death Viki and Charlie. Today was just the ultimate. And you know the best part? They didn't kiss, or hug or have any real physical contact, yet as a viewer you felt such a pull between them physically because of the in depth emotions both were conveying, it was just magical to watch Viki and Charlie today in huge measure because of Slezak and Kerwin but in support via good writing for them. I can tell the show is really invested in this duo and boy am I ever glad.

I love Addie, I love that she sticks up to her sister Dorian and shoves it in her face about how much Dorian is hurting Addie by trying to run every single thing in Addie's life. David and Addie although an odd pair, I get them too. They are using each other for different reasons but they don't care because they are having so much fun. And it is so obvious Dorian is jealous as hell about them. But boo-hoo Dorian, that is your own dang fault.

I didn't mind Todd and Marty. It is all kinds of sick but I am mightily intrigued. I like the actor chemistry and I am not totally sure where they are going so I like to watch them.

Don't give a fig about Blair the slut or John the man who only owns black. No thank you.

I liked pretty all of today. I still think the show is pretty good overall, although at times the teen mess is way too much. But when I get other parts, like the amazing Viki and Charlie scenes today, it balances out the suckage, so I can't complain too much when I do have something to really get me to tune in for.

And David Vickers, you little fire bug. Is he that dumb to just light a fire and walk away like that? Tisk, tisk. But I can also see this is a set up for the next story beat. And I wonder if this time RC is going to be featuring PM for a Carlotta arc like he has for other recurring characters like Addie, Lindsay, etc.

Good show today. Any time I see Charlie and Viki, boy you know I will be watching. :D

• Members

Im enjoying David and Addie together and while I have been having problems with Dorian's methods lately, I cant fault her 100% here. David is a con artist and is using Addie for revenge. Addie is an innocent pawn in all the drama thats going on. Say what you will about Dorian, but I beleive she loves her sister and does not want to see her get hurt here. Addie has been locked up in her head for most of her life and is naive about many things. Dorian is being super protective of her bc its whats she's used to. If I was in her position, I would want to get David out of Addie's life as well

• Administrator

He was fantastic in Friday's episode too especially in that scene when he tells Marty about the gang rape the shot is a close up on his face, particually his eyes.

I don't understand it either. I wonder why he decided to do this. :(

This is the best romance in daytime right now. Their scenes were so good today. This is such a wonderfully written love story between two mature characters played by two very talented actors. I love that Ron's not rushing this storyline. He's taking his time to tell the story.

If Viki/Charlie is the best romance in daytime, this Todd/Marty is the most intriguing in daytime. I totally agree that Ron is trying to establish TSJ's Todd and SH's Marty, and to reconnect the characters of Todd/Marty again. I never saw the gang rape, but I had a feeling that the night also had a storm. It's like Ron was recreating that night but this time he's telling her about the rape. I just can't wait to see where this is going. This story is right on the edge without going over.

Great analysis as usual, DES! :)

• Members

O almost forgot but he just halted the Natalie/Jared/Tess stuff as well. Did they all just forget about Viki? Why hasnt Natalie inquired about why Viki never came home? Shouldnt they have been informed that she was at the hospital or gone looking for her? We havent seen them in a week. Ron is slipping bc the pacing and balance used to be perfect but its all over the place now and not working

• Members

I agree that the pacing is really weird, but I'm enjoying the rest of the show so much that I've just been breathing a sigh of relief with each episode that we don't go back to Mendorra and 1968. The waterfalls thing just played out badly, but the time travel thing is so inappropriate that I'm dreading going back to that even more. When I read the spoilers about the anniversary show, I figured the time travel thing would be a self-contained part of the episode and that it would be played as if it at least could have been a dream. I am still pulling for Carlivati to keep making OLTL something I can enjoy on a daily basis and hoping that his heart was in the right place with this one and that it will be over before it ruins my enjoyment of the rest of the show.

And so far it's all good. Today I loved Dorian/David/Addie, Viki/Charlie, and I'm not sure whether or not I'm appalled by Todd and Marty but I sure am more curious to see what the hell is going to happen next than I have been since this actor took over the role of Todd. Part of me definitely thinks they should not be *going there* with these two, but the other part of me thinks they should have just gone all-out and had Todd stow Marty away in a gothic, Wuthering Heights-esque house instead of this weird set that looks like a photo shoot for Bo Concept. In any case, as long as nothing sexual happens between Marty and Todd and she eventually makes him pay when she finally does remember, then I can't really pinpoint any way in which this story is truly offensive, and Marty and Todd being in this improbable situation together does strike a metaphorical cord as far as regret and wishing you could forget past mistakes.

PS: It just occurred to me that the original time travel story played out over the summer of 1988, so it must have coincided with the 20th anniversary. Did the show acknowledge that one in any way, and was 1888 somehow a part of it? I'm not Paul Rauch's biggest fan by any stretch, but the big anniversaries he was there for at GL could have been a lot more disrespectful than they were.

• Members

I thought Mondays episode was okay the best part for me was Viki/Charlie and Todd/Marty.

I could care less about John/Blair making out but think the fallout after Todd finds out will be fun.

I miss 1968 and although I dislike Sara/Cristian I at least wanted to see if they died.

• Members

Uh, Bo and Rex please? Desperately needing comic relief after how serious Monday's episode was.

When TSJ drops down to his knees THEN apologizes :(

And when Addie compares Dorian to Todd :D

But interesting how Vickers denied becoming a part of Clint's scheme, as if these characters are reversing roles. LOVE ish like that.

Blair/John are boring. But I doubt they'll be when Todd AND Marty find out.

Really missing Vange in all of this.

• Members

Well isn't it still the same night that Viki and Dorian had the wreck, and the same night that Tess poisioned Nat and Jared. If a day passed and Viki still was in the hospital with no family visiting her I'd be asking the same questions, but it's still the same day.

I think Friday and Monday's epiosde were a refreshing break from Mendorra and 1968. We're finally focusing on the serious issues, and GASP! I'm enjoying TSJ's performance. He's displaying Todd's guilt and regret really well.

Archived