OLTL: Discussion for the week July 28th-August 1st

• Members

The Todd/Marty and John/Blair scenes have been stand-outs for me. And I've never been a McBain fan!

As for Todd/Marty, I don't know where all this is going but I cannot tear my eyes away from those scenes. SH and TSJ are riveting. Are they playing with sexual tension? Friendship? Malice? Is this all a big game on Todd's part or is trying to absolve himself in some way? So many questions, and OLTL are playing all the beats to this story.

I really want to love Viki/Charlie... REALLY want to. I don't hate them, I think they are sweet. I just don't adore them. Yet.

Addie/David/Dorian were compelling. What the heck does Tuc watkins have to do to get a contract on OLTL?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, the 1888 story played out during February-May 1988. The story was originally scheduled to go from February thru March, but a writer's strike prolonged it for two more months! It was agony! It was also stupid - so many characters crossing timelines between 1888 and 1988. If the original vision of the story had been realized, I think it would have gone down as one of OLTL's great storylines. The beginning of it was breathtaking - the locations scenes, the actors playing dual roles, and the story itself were awesome! But it got diluted and stretched out beyond endurance.

• Members

If I remember correctly (and I may not since I was only 8 years old at the time), but Clint hit his head and imagined that he had gone back in time. But I can't remember how Viki ended up going back in time though.

"Real nice place.....window boxes, bingo, and everything...." :lol:

• Members

Olympia was Asa'a first wife, and mother to Bo and Clint. It was never revealed when they were married (the Buchanan's first came to Llanview in late 1979), but she died in 1981. While he was married to Olympia, Asa cheated on her with Pamela Stuart (he created the alias Jeb Stuart, and married her on the island of St. Blazes, with Pamela unaware of his double life). And he also had an affair with Emma Bradley during this time (as revealed last year).

• Members

The Viki, Nat, Jared and Tessica stuff can be fan wanked. I figured since Viki asked Charlie to stick around they had Charlie call Jared to let him know and tell him to tell the twins that he and Viki were together. It would explain it all away.

I like AE, but her kid is dead and this is the reaction? Antonio is rightfully more upset than Tina the mom is?

I can't believe the whole diner got burned down, Wow. :o

Archived