B&B: Cast pictures 2007

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mom did, too. It's freakin Wisconsin! But the Head of Wardrobe is prob Californian!

As for Brooke, I know she's meant to be sexy. Pushing the envelope in fashion! However, high fashion -- even in California -- is decidedly unsexy. It is the anti-sexy! If you are a woman, it's all about being thin enough (and by thin, I mean no boobs, no butt, no womanliness -- you are a human coat-hanger) to wear outfits that pretentious people call "works of art." And most fashion CEOs are incredibly formal. They dress up, not to titilate horny, aging designers, but to show off. "Look what I'm wearing. Look how expensive it is!" :lol:

• Members

I don't see that much in B&B's fashion style although there is room for improvement (yet my standards have been incredibly lowered by what the GC elite wore for the infamous gala - L.A.s ladies and gentleman would not even got to Home Depot soo dressed drown or just totally horrendous B) ). What annoys me is that Birgit Muller has a thing for cleavege. Those actresses who don't have that much to show are dressed incredibly awful whereas the rest is dressed to the nines - of course not in business-style but nighclub hook-up style. :lol:

I also consider B&B my #1 soap for various reasons. It's just the guilty pleasure and has the most escapist style à la Lorimar/Spelling soap operas. I feel much rather let down by Y&R (or other soaps I once watched but haven't in eternity) than I do by B&B. This used to be less the case some years ago but definitely is that way since 2003 or so, even though that is also the year where I think B&B started to become hell of a lot uneven.

• Members

Well, I just thought that I never really met a die-hard B&B fan or at least not many. I always thought B&B is just a soap people watch besides their favorite soap. If I think about it, B&B is pretty easy to get into and is just half an hour.

So here are many B&B fan, but are you all americans? That was my whole point. I know the soap is very popular in Europe and other territories.

To go back to the pictures, they are all georgous. I hope some of them end up on magazines.

• Members

Here's one more. When I started watching soaps, Search for Tomorrow as my#1 show, since that was the very first soap I recall watching with my mom. Then later it became Y&R, especially when SEARCH moved to NBC. I guess the Bell pedigree was what drew me to B&B, and it's become #1 for me for a lot of reasons. Part of it is that I've been there completely from the beginning. With Y&R, I was watching since the 70s, but that started out as something I watched just because my mom had it on, and I was too young to really understand everything I saw. That wasn't the case with B&B. And for a while, I got ticked off a bit at Y&R when Bill Bell put his daughter's Cricket character front burner, so I got a little more into B&B as a result, so I was there through it's heyday of the Caroline/Ridge/Brooke and then Brooke/Taylor/Ridge days in the 90s.

Is B&B perfect? Far from it, especially when you compare the work of the head writer in the 90s, when he kept his tradition of juggling multiple stories at one time, to today where sometimes weeks of B&B will really focus just on one story. And Brad sometimes goes to far over the top when he tries to push the envelope. But every now and then, there's a reminder of B&B at it's best, like the rape story last year (before it just died and lost all its impact on everyone on the canvas) or Storm's death scenes that reminds me what I liked about the show.

• Members

And the half hour format is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it's a lot easier to keep up with, since it only needs 20 minutes (after commercials) to keep up with the action. But at the same time, having only half the time the other soaps have means that you can't cover as much, and that's not a good thing. There used to be like 3 stories on B&B in a given week, but these days, you're lucky if you have two, and all too many cast members have gotten lost in the shuffle because the show has less room to showcase everyone.

Lived in the US all my life.

• Members

Yeah, that would be easy. From Charlie's end, since Donna was a suspect in the shooting, Charlie might have feared that his objectivity would be questioned by his dad if it came out that he knew Donna. And on Donna's side, she might have been afraid that her secret pregnancy might be exposed if she admitted she knew Charlie, and that was just the kind of ammunition Stephanie would have used to break Donna and Eric up at the time.

• Members

I'll take ANY timeslot!!! I could see it on F/X or to try to lend some credibility to HereTV! or Logo (which doesn't really have a soap, unless you count QAF). I doubt SoapNet would give me a shot, but I always hoped that if SoapNet took on B&B, that they'd decide to use that other half hour of programming to give BTH a shot.

Would I have to recast Kari Wuhrer's role because of the legal issues from her termination from GH?! I'd hate to.

• Members

You know what I mean, it seems there are more fans of the other soaps out there than from B&B. B&B is "liked" by many but not "loved with a passion", that at least is the impression I got in the past. I hope you get the idea. :)

When you look outside the U.S. you see a totally different picture. My cousin lived in Italy for a while and the popularity of B&B there is unbelievable.

Someone wrote me and said Sheilaforever is from Germany, so maybe he (?) has something interesting about the german B&B fan to report. :D

Anyway, my whole point was that it is a shame that such beautiful pictures have not seen the light of day on any magazine. The picture where taken 9 month ago.

• Members

B&B is huge in many of the international markets it airs in, and Italy is one of the biggest. Whenever any of the actors go over there, whether it's for location shoots, promos or even vacations, they're treated like movie stars.

The last couple of years, it seems like B&B has been waiting a bit longer than they used to to release the annual cast photo and the photos taken along with it. So that might account for some of that lull. But what's really odd is that even once the photos were released, many of those posted in this thread haven't shown up in at all, in magazines or online. This is the first time I've seen a lot of the red curtain individual shots, for instance. The only ones I think I've seen before are John McCook and Heather Tom.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived