Higley Quit DAYS?

• Members

Ugh...the overarching feeling is that this is a toxic workplace. When team members can't communicate, when the boss is not in control, when there are ordinary mutinies as a course of daily business...the company is f*cked.

Honestly, if NBC or Sony cared, they'd do a "receivership", take over, and clean house. The show needs a strong fist right now.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So not only has Barbara Bloom not been fired, Higley is still the headwriter at Days. I'm about to start my own blog to spread gossip and rumors that get soap fans all worked up. Blanco is essentially a blind squirrel who occasional finds a nut.

• Members

He keeps her because he trusts her for whatever reason. I think Corday only clocks into the studio for farewell cake and photographs (he probably only met Tamara Braun for the first time when she wrapped up taping, i kid - i think) and delegates the rest of his authority to people he has a rapport with. I bet he didnt even know what was happening on the studio floor until Dena quit. Over the last 10 years, Langan and Wyman (and now Scott?) effectively ran the show (into the ground) with approval from Corday until someone else (Sony or NBC) breathed down his neck and forced a change.

Ignoring personal attachment to the program, DOOL is effectively a family business. Often the first generation build it up into a success, whilst the second (and third, if it survives) milk it for all its worth, just like trust fund children. Corday certainly isn't the first or last case of this behaviour. Perhaps Corday is wealthy enough now to survive without the additional income the show can give him? Perhaps he has enough assets to last him lavishly and still still leave some for his kids? If so, caring for that drowning ship must be such a drag for him. Shame.

• Members

Given the nearing expiry date, I don't think a decent return on the investment could be obtained by any buyer (they would need to recoup their purchase price plus a return and a risk premium I guess in under 2 years - quite unlikely). So unless Ken gives it away, I doubt it would happen (mind you, given his financial acumen, anything is possible :P )

Besides, NBC are itching to cancel it - they're just waiting for the right brainfart to come along that will ensure they have a viable offering for at least 1 hour in the afternoon - If they kill Days without a viable replacement, they'll never get their foot in the door again with afternoon programming...

Archived