Higley Quit DAYS?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously. You can't sit there and blame a co-producer on a show for EVERYTHING.

However, these people should have thought about what they were doing before they let Dena Higley take over Days. They hired her. They should have hired someone capable of doing the job well. Its their own damn fault. I blame Corday.

• Members

You cannot get what autism is from a damn textbook.

Days could use some social issue storylines. They're meaty and they're interesting to watch. Beats the ol' "Hope/John/Marlena/Patch is brainwashed" crap.

I've really enjoyed some of Days' social issue storylines. Abby's blood disorder way back when, the FAS storyline with JT, Izzy B's pancreatic cancer...

How is James E. Reilly having the last laugh? He's got severance and a cancelled show. I'd hardly call that success.

JER turned Days into a show that people make fun of.

• Members

Well, no. JER raised Days' ratings to new heights and then saved the show from being cancelled 5 years ago.

And he's STILL getting paid to not even write Days! That's gotta be awesome! He can sit back and watch this clusterf**k of a show fall apart and enjoy every moment of it.

I was so hurt and upset when JER was let go in 2006, and now 2 years later, I have this liberating feeling of vindiction. My boy Jimmy lucked out in the end, so I am happy now.

• Members

I just think that DOOL is a sinking ship, and if Allison Sweeney or people like the two DHs, PR and KA, Bryan Datillo, MBE and SN, John Aniston, Suzanne Rogers--the lifer crew who have been DOOL for decades want to pilot the ship then at this point they should. It's heading straight for the iceberg, this is their entire adult lives for the most part for them, and they should be worried about some gun for hire who only shoots blanks anyway? At least this way if the show goes down they know they did their best (or worst) and that will be that instead of just standing idly by while 300 writers get hired and fired. Even if it is misguided or illegal, I applaud the effort. And if it works they can say "I'm sorry" to the union later.

Just my take on it and I have no idea who the other actors in question are or of AS is indeed really the one. I just read this thread.

• Members

odd i knew it was her but thats besides the point....

Days will move foreward with a new head writer either one from the past or some new blood...how bout that lady who was a days fan back before??? or that guy who wrote some during the strike?? they were good? heck ill even be happy if JER returns.

Archived