Higley Quit DAYS?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi, I am really missing something here. Allison Sweeney had taken over writing duties bypassing the hack scab? Is that correct? Why is this such a terrible thing? In her mind (and obviously someone else's who gave her permission) she will be at Days after this writer and the following 3 in a neverending parade come and go, so why should she (with presumably corporate okay) not pitch in? Days is sort of like a floundering start up now, and sometimes people have to go outside their job description to help the team. Erika Slezak did it a different way when she pushed the same hack overboard on OLTL. Here they went about it another way. Am I missing or misunderstanding something?

• Members

The thing is it shoud not had been done. The show has a HW and if there were issues there are proper ways to handle it. This was not it. The EP rewriting and then encourging the cast to also rewrite is wrong. Its not that Ali and the oither cast members MBE & SN are high on my list..) are not part of the wga, because non union writers can write. just not for a show/movie that ueses union writers and whatnot. i think. i dont know all the legal details, but i would assume ed scott will be in major trouble. ali and the other cast members can pull the 'my boss told me to do it' story - as they should. as i have said before i defend all actors who edit or even rewrite there scripts becuase there are plenty of people above them who allow it. but apperantly more than allow it some encourge it.

• Administrator

Yeah, the bolded part is pretty erroneous - to blame Ed Scott for everything? I don't think so! And to act like Dena hasn't had a hand in the crap that is DAYS right now......again, I don't think so!

• Members

I agree- to an extent.

If this went down the way its being said then i would place most of the blame on ES and KC.

It doesnt matter how awful DH was. What if this was a HW that you loved? Would you feel diff about the situation? What went down was wrong. and if it was breaking laws those responsable need to be punished.

everything. and it could had been a very complx intersting story that broguht abe and lexie to the front and center.

Archived