Higley Quit DAYS?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

who knows maybe Higley just wanted out? and is making this up to leave by shaking things up...and i saw her on Today and it was the beginning of July if AS was revolting why didnt she just get rid of her. like she did with Shawn and Bell?

• Members

I too am departing this thread for tonight. Bed time!

I will say this: Days brought this on themselves by angering the soap gods in 2006 by firing JER. And I must say I am not sorry to see Days in the condition it is now. Turnabout is fair play.

• Members

Kay Alden didn't like Scott very much. They had a very infamous power struggle going on at Y&R in 2000 and Bill Bell sided with Alden and Scott was fired, only to return under Smith and get fired under Latham again.

From what was being said in the press, Scott clearly didn't like the way Alden was writing certain characters and wanted to add his own spin on things. Alden thought he was compromising her work too much and went to Bill, and he agreed and sided with her.

Something similar, but on a much grander scale probably happened at DAYS, but this time actors and non-union writers were involved.

• Administrator

I'm off to bed too.......I'm gonna be dreaming about that.....cause it'll only happen in my dreams. :D

Seriously though, I'm afraid to what I'm going to wake up to tomorrow. Will other bombs be dropped? I wonder what Nelson has planned. :o:unsure:

• Members

I hate it with these kind of scenarios, where one person is always administered the majority portion of blame. First Scott was taking most of the flack (from Nelson at least), now it'll probably be the actress, who'll receive a substantial amount of backlash. Life isn't black and white - it's grey. And in this instance, Corday so needs to be reprimanded for his role in all of this. If he comes out unscathed, then it'll be a travesty. And don't even get me started on his well timed vacation... And I so hope this doesn't allow Dena, a free pass out of the WGA inquiry. Why should it anyway? Aren't the two separate instances?

Speaking of the actress, I think it's really sad that she had to stoop to such measures, and in this way. No matter how bad Dena's writing is, surely things could have been handled in much more professional manner.

Words of wisdom, Toups. Words that I'll follow after I've said my too cents. (I'm in a weird mood)

No one has a right to know, unless you're directly linked/involved with the recipient. It really isn't any of our business. Anything else stems from curiosity, which in turn becomes idol gossip.

A social issue can never be too realistic. A soap's main function is to entertain and educate - You can learn a whole heap more in an hour, than you can from reading a jargon-laced textbook, which would probably send you to sleep before you've reached the relevant passage. As long as the story is told right, it can be both entertaining and enlightening.

As long as social issues are apart of life, then they'll continue to have a place on soaps. And social issues aren't just medical issues or the like - they can be about class and racism - Just look at Passions. ;)

The one time I'm actually here, everyone goes to bed. Time zones suck! :lol:

• Members

If the actress being mentioned is indeed doing it, I can't say that I blame her either. The writing for her character this year, especially May, and the last half of 2007 has been atrocious up until the most recent couple of weeks (when she's even been on) where she finally seems like the character I've always known and loved.

I really want to hear the other side of this story, because I know there is one.

• Members

yeah, i def dont blame her either because of all the crap. but even beyond that i guess i just dont fault the actors at all because they are encourged to do it.

yes. i want to hear all sides of this story. there are more than two. but i dont think we will ever ehar the entire thing

• Members

But everyone has a choice, and everyone should take responsibility for their actions.

I'm simply saying that she's not blameless, because she had a choice... Unless she was coerced in to it, or something.

Archived