DAYS: Long dead character returns

• Members

Hold on, no one's saying you can't have your own opinions. It's just not necessary to even mention it. imo

If this is done well, then I really don't see why it would be a problem.. I had no trouble at all getting into stories while not knowing the background back in the days. We all started watching the show at some point and sometimes they mentioned people we haven't seen, but we all got it. I don't see why this is any different. I really don't.

Oh well, I rest my case. lol

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any long time Days fan knows the effect Samantha's death had on Marlena, and the guilt she felt over it. Why is it so implausable for Marlena to have hallucinations about Samantha in a drugged state, as Stefano sits by and watches Marlena freak out over what she's experiencing.......Thats the historical relevance of this. Thank You

Chris

• Members

Then it would've been nice for Stefano to also have an hallucination about someone from his past when Marlena drugged him.

When the last Marlena's guilt over Samantha's death was even referenced on the show? :huh:

It goes back to what Roman was saying, DAYS has a horrible record of referencing its past, and when it does, it comes out of nowhere and seems definitively plot-driven.

• Members

Sam was mentioned a bunch during the SSK, I almost wondered if she was supposed to be the killer.

I am not the biggest fan of Dena's writing, but I LOVE Sam, so I am very happy for this, however she appears.

And as much as I love love LOVE Andrea, she's retired, and is a teacher in an entirely different state. Yes I know she did return to the show back during 2000-2001, but still.

• Members

Phoenix, I miss your post. I lurked on this board for years, and enjoyed many things you stated.

First, I think OLTL is great right now. It maybe over-hyped a bit....but that comes with the territory since the rest of daytime stinks royally right now.

I don't like Dena's writing, in fact I find it boring and trivial. I really hate the couple swaping and sluggish storylines withn no climax or "Big" moments. HOWEVER, I'm glad they are doing this. I'm glad Stefano is going after Marlena. I'm glad they are giving a good nod to history with Samantha showing up (Samantha, in her day, made Kristen Blake look like a lapdog.), and .....

Samantha was a GREAT character on this show, and I wouldn't mind at all if she were alive and well....I said, now feel free to disagree.

• Members

Yes the appearance of Samantha for one split second is going to erase the boringness DAYS is stuck in right now.

Not. <_<

I give it to Dena great that she's seizing this opportunity to dig into some great history, but the entire John/Marlena storyline is really dragging. John should have regained his memory like yesterday.

• Members

I'm coming out of the woodwork to agree. Its absolutely ridiculous that anything OLTL does is considered ingenius, but for any other show to follow suit and mine history as well, its considered the work of a hack and is mocked even before the material airs.

• Members

Aww, I wish *BOTH* of you would come out of lurking! I miss both your posts!

I was the first person to groan (and post) when this thread showed up, but I quickly took it all back when it was explained that it was a dream sequence.

I've got plenty of problems with DH (the writer not the actress...although I have issues with the actress too come to think of it), but I have no issues with the show bringing back Samantha for an episode or two to talk to Marlena in her head, now that I understand its purpose. I do appreciate the history being used. I was glad when the original article was clarified to explain it wasn't a Stefano-Marlena-double thing, where Marlena would end up in a Stella-pit.

I wish you'd both come back to SON, for the record. I miss y'all. :-)

Archived