Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks. Not a lot of answers about the character but a few more. I guess he doesn't think he'll be at Emmerdale much longer if he's angling for a job on Eastenders. I'm not sure whether to invest in the character if he's only going to be short term, there are already so many short term characters on the show. I doubt Kirkwood will hire any Hollyoaks people for a long time, because he will be trashed for that by a lot of fans.

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This wedding stuff with Nicola and Jimmy is dull, although Nick Miles and Nicola Wheeler are doing a great job. The look on Jimmy's face after Viv refused to help Nicola was so heartbreaking.

It's nice to see Paul back, briefly, and to see him with Nicola and Val again, he had such interesting relationships with them. The scene with Aaron was a little contrived but it worked better than I thought it might.

Jackson and Declan wearing tight jeans is distracting...

I wish they wouldn't have to have Eve with one attached guy after another, it just makes her seem like a plot device.

• Members

This is a really good interview and preview clip with Danny Miller on what will be coming up with Aaron. It looks great, I just hope it isn't one of those where the best stuff is in the preview.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I loved Thursday and Friday's episode. I knew Viv would eventually come around. There were so many hilarious moments, too. I never Ashley had such a wit about him.

Nikhil and Maisie continue to make me want more.

I have to say though, Eve is a slut. Does she have a death wish? She has met Chas before, right? She's got balls going after her man. And that little smirk, after her and Carl's almost kiss? Quite devilish. I pray she is the bitch on wheels I've been waiting for.

• Members

Where is this Charlie/Diane story going? Rumours have been rampant, but there are no hints to any of the major ones swirling around ... And again I have to say, I really dislike the actress who plays Diane, with every line she says it's like she just remembered it at the exact right moment, very stilted.

Random observation, but Declan looks like Arthur the children's cartoon. It's all I can think about when he's on screen.

That scene with Chas/Sam/Charity when Sam asked about the Dingle gay gene was hilarious. If Chas and Charity were this WHOLE show, I swear I would never get bored. They are amazing together.

• Members

The scenes with Sam/Charity/Chas were perfect. This is the type of comedy which makes Emmerdale so unique, it's character-driven stuff but not overly eccentric.

Poor Edna. I wish they gave her more stories than having her arm almost ripped out so Eve can get closer to Carl.

Some at Digital Spy call Declan Coconut Head. I think he's kind of sweet, and he has nice pecs. I love the tension between Declan and Nathan. I can't help feeling sorry for Nathan. His mother keeps saying let me move on...when she murdered his father!

The scenes with Diane and Doug are exhausting; anything with Doug is these days. He's just so morose.

I think the woman who plays Diane is a good actress, she just has a very weird acting style. She's not suited to high drama.

• Members

My favorite scene was the Chas, Charity and Sam scene as well. I like that people do think the way Sam does. They made it realistic but with comedy. That was good.

My poor Aaron cant win but hey welcome to seeing the other side of things espically since you were the one that use to do this. Today will be very interesting. I think after watching all the clips I may be let down. I dont know its such a big build up that its bound to happen that I would be let down. We will see. Happy Aarson day for me.

• Members

I know what you mean. I read some of the main episode thread at Digital Spy before I watched the episodes and so much was about people making negative comments on the looks of Danny Miller and Marc Silcock I thought there must not have been much to talk about. But instead the episodes were very good.

The kiss was great, more than I expected, a lot of tenderness and vulnerability with a possibility of more. I never thought they'd show even that much and I hope they won't get a ton of complaints. It was brave writing to have both Aaron and Jackson so nervous, and then have Aaron eager to go to the next step.

It seemed like more of this episode was about Jackson's POV, his fears and his longing for Aaron, and a hint of his past (when he said Aaron was lucky to have not lost anything).

It was also so important that Aaron stood up for the boy who was being bullied and no longer cared about himself. I almost wish we could see more of that character again, or even Wayne (who finally became more interesting).

The stuff with Paddy and Chas (especially the joke about "carrying wood") was great too.

And the Wylde drama, which just keeps getting better and more tense and dramatic. And Nathan wearing a denim shirt. He looked good in that, which few do.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

So Nathan isn't behind the flowers to Natasha? I hope that,s the case, as it makes this story a hell of a lot more interesting, and I was loving it all ready, This just ups the ante significantly.

And then Nikhil/Maisie is sure to be great to watch.

And please tell me the rumours of Shadrach's death are finally coming true ...