Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks. I read that he lost a lot of weight. I guess they weren't kidding.

Michael and Elsa. Thanks. I remember Michael came back briefly a few years ago. And then Elsa was mostly just the woman who took Kathy's niece/daughter figure and Kathy wanted to fight for custody but finally decided to just go live with them. It seems like they'd well and truly run out of material for Kathy, and the show had changed so much, but I still felt a little sorry for the actress (and Kathy's fans).

It always seems wrong to me that Nick got that type of exit...

I wonder where he went when he was released.

Poor Archie. Killed because he ran out of the Woolpack after someone mocked him as being gay. I guess that's one way to get people to realize it's not the worst thing to have someone say you're gay.

• Members

I just don't get why they had to have Robert lay hands on her and actually physically push Katie. Fine I can handle her dying I wasn't THAT attached to her like I am with my Barton boys or their mom but to have him responsible for her dying and in essence "murder" her as just horrible. And then the way he reacted afterwards with very little regret and now he's covering it up.

Its like they'll never really be together at this point....and that's just heartbreaking. Reading the comments on Youtube is also making me sad.

• Members

He's so beautiful....just an angel. I do hope there's a way forward for him and especially for Aaron/Robert but at the same time I usually don't like to see people get away with something so horrible. Esp since in the end Katie wasn't some evil witch.

The Barton scenes are so touching. Ross' look of hurt when his mom silently admitted that she was guilty....:(

• Members

I broke down and watched the new episode, and they did have a lot of scenes of him being guilt-ridden. I wish I could believe this meant they won't go full panto psycho with him, but it's difficult to believe they will be able to resist the easy temptation. I hope if Hawley wants to stay, they will find a way to redeem Robert, because he's done such a tremendous job in the role.

Even in that interview he was so polite and wonderful, in spite of that idiot woman who didn't bother to do one bit of basic research.

The whole thing just frustrates me so much. If they don't give Robert the many, many chances Andy and Cain were given, it's just a huge joke.

I do feel sorry for Andy sometimes (I thought Kelvin did a good job today) but most characters would have been long gone after what he did to Jo.

• Members

Meh @ the spoiler. I figured. Let the witch hunt begin....

And I don't see them redeeming Robert. I just feel it in my bones. I hope I am proven wrong but I just don't see it. I feel like this was EM's answer to EE's Lucy whodunnit and Robert is expendable to them. It'll generate buzz and shock factor because he's Jack Sugden's son, but once that is over, he'll be crucified and suffer the same fate as Cameron. Or Declan. He's their psycho of the moment.

I just wish that Katie would've died at her own hands. Like in an accident or something. Or hell, have Chrissie kill her after her admission with Chrissie wanting to silence her to spare her dignity within the village. Something.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

Declan stayed for 4 years until the actor wanted to leave (I was actually shocked he stayed that long, especially since most of Declan's stories kind of blew), so that wouldn't bother me too much. A Cameron exit is what I dread.

I think if written properly this could be much better than the Lucy story, as that had zero effect on anyone, short or long-term, but it feels like a ratings stunt to me. I keep seeing people compare it to Tina's exit on Corrie and claim it's a knockoff. As I didn't watch that story, I can't say.

I'd love to tell you you're wrong, but I can't. It's just...it's hard, because I love the character a lot and I really like the actor too and I feel like I'm disloyal if I stop watching. You know what I mean?

It's just so annoying because they don't have to go this road. They don't.

The saddest part is when I hear fans speculate that if Ryan hadn't been so wonderful, they would have 100% made Robert a stone cold killer. Imagine if someone like that guy who plays Lee on Eastenders was in the role. They might have just without any ability to go back made him a complete lunatic.

Even now we have to somehow cling to a teeny tiny vine in a flash flood that it won't happen.

I wish I could just walk away...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I totally agree with you. I just have this feeling that Robert is going to get the short end of the stick. I don't see him getting off so easily in this regime. That's why I wish Katie's death was an accident. But if this is the route they are going, I hope this has long term affects on the show. I hope it is not some stunt that resulted in the audience losing two long term favorites for nothing.