Production Team

BBC One/BBC Productions

Edited by dannigold

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not exactly shocked at those nominations but I'm not sure about them. I don't watch The Bill or Casualty, perhaps they're good (and The Bill is going soon, they may want to have one last moment of praise). I can't say most of Corrie or Eastenders of the past year deserved an award. Unless BAFTA wants to give an award to a show that treats rape and child abuse as nothing more than a plot device to be shrugged off, never to be mentioned again.

• Members

Why does Casualty get nominated, but Holby City doesn't? Personally, Holby is the stronger of the two - it has better writing, and better day-to-day episodes. They have strong characters, and some good character driven stories. Casualty has good production values, with its big stunts, and shock and awe plots, where people get blown-up, trapped in a crashed car, sawn in half with lots of blood and gore (which happens in every episode); the writing is clumpy, contrived, and sometimes cliché. I avoid the show at all costs.

The Bill, IMO, is probably b/c its been cancelled.

Corrie doesn't deserve to be nominated, much less win. EE aren't that much better, but probably more deserving than Corrie.

• Members

Three brief interviews Kris Green of Digital Spy conducted with Nina Wadia & Nitin Ganatra, Cheryl Fergison, and Neil McDermott at the British Soap Awards red carpet...

You can watch the clip of this brief interview here: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a218915/enders-ganatra-nina-wadias-a-diamond.html

You can watch the brief clip of the interview here: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a218916/enders-fergison-delighted-by-new-boss.html

You can watch the brief clip of Neil's interview here: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a219078/mcdermott-ryan-and-janine-love-each-other.html

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I thought Ryan was already supposed to be in love with Janine?

I think she will end things with him soon enough, it will probably all blow up over Stacey's baby.

I'm glad Nitin is praising Nina Wadia, as the show endlessly trashes Zainab to prop Syed.

• Members

I'm thrilled with these latest axings. I can't get past the Dick Van Dyke accent and the extremely old (for a teenager) face on Zsa Zsa, and I don't think Emer Kenny is all that great as an actress. She was getting better, but they screwed her over from the start. It was obvious they were thinking of having her with Peter but she looks like his mother! I also don't believe that she somehow had a great place on the show because she was Shirley's niece -- she rarely spent time with Shirley.

Leon was deadwood from the beginning.

I'm also happy that Denise's sister Kim will be joining the show, I hope that means Denise might survive the clearout.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

This almost sounds like a "No." Or I hope it is.

This also doesn't actually say anything about their relationship.

It would be a huge step forward if he ended this very toxic relationship and sent them in separate directions.

That's very good to hear. I hope it happens. The attempts by Eastenders in the past few years to try to be a glitzy American style primetime soap have been very poor. The show has become too much of a self-parody.

I also hope he can do something about the show being so obvious and so plot-driven, where characters do things because it fits the plot, not because it's organic.

I hope that means she's not going to have to be hardfaced all the time and depressing, which is something that seems to have become the cliche of an Eastenders female. They didn't used to all be that way.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

He did say Vanessa was going to be "quite positive", whatever that means. She doesn't sound depressed though. I wonder what "secret" she's hiding.

I wonder what type of chemistry Zoe Lucker and Jake Wood will have.

Also interesting that it seems like Vanessa will debut on Kirkwood's first episode...

He seems particularly proud of Peggy's exit, calling it the first big story he got to sink his "teeth into."

He also sems to be planning something big for Stacey's exit.