EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OK, so Ben and Lauren are leaving... I know the girl that plays Lauren, wasn't that good, but surely she could've worked on a supporting basis? These are two legacy characters, and in their place, we've been given Fatboy, Leon and Zsa Zsa, and the soon-to-arrive Mercy. Doesn't seem right.

As for Mercy...

I see my rant about Billy the loser, has disappeared - shame. His financial woes really don't make any realistic, logical sense, and until they do, I'll continue not to be interested in any Billy is broke, storyline.

I gotta mention this: That private clinic for Jack, would *not* cost £30,000 ($44,000) a month! That is a joke. Who the hell could afford that ridiculous price? And, to make things worse, they have that sparky charge Ronnie, £3,000 to fix her dodgy electrics! It's not a complete rewiring - no-one charges that ridiculous price. Come on show, a little research, please.

Edited by Ben

• Members

I wonder if it was something going on with Lauren that we don't know about, as it doesn't seem like the usual firing of a teen actor. I don't know what they could have done with her -- the Max hit and run story was terrible and seriously damaged the character, and her relationship with Peter never went anywhere as she retreated into her own moroseness -- but I don't see a reason why she'd have to go. Some are speculating she may be killed off but I can't see them doing that. Perhaps the actress wanted to leave and they're taking some time and then recasting.

The clinic is ridiculous, most ridiculous because there is nothing wrong with Jack. He has gotten better without any real effort at all. He just wants to go there so he can shag all the nurses.

Billy's character is reduced to the same handful of poor me unloved Mitchell, and I can sympathize with this for long periods of time because the Mitchells truly are so entitled and such unpleasant, demanding people, but giving Ronnie this lecture, the Mitchell who has been most cast out by her family, even after what she's gone through, I just didn't want to hear it. They don't have any idea of what to do with him and even worse they aren't making any effort. Everything in those fire scenes was laughable and of no effort -- the club has been burned down how many times now? And if you don't have the budget to start a fire, that's fine, but why tell a story abotu a fire? It's not like anything interesting is coming out of it. Then there's the pointless ambiguity of, "Gee, did they mean to start a fire?"

• Members

I get the feeling it might've been a more mutual decision between Lacey and TPTB. And probably with Jean, too.

Tiana (Chelsea) is no big loss, considering her half-baked plots, and (mostly) wooden acting.

Carl: I truly believe the all black episode, was never supposed to be hyped the way it was; they were going for subtle, but the tabloids made a big thing about it, which wasn't necessary. Yeah, the story sucked (it had big potential, as I thought they were gonna make Patrick the one who started the race riots, but they didn't, and it was all forgotten about), but it was supposed to coincide with Black History Month, so they did have well intentions, however misguided the actual story was.

Edited by Ben

• Members

I changed my mind. That is, Stacey was awfully written and ultimately only a kill-off would do. So... The right sequence of events would've been: written properly then not written off. Since that's not possible...