Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, at least we know that Pete's alive. Macca could be dead somewhere in an Ireland ditch, for all we know. I don't know what to say about it, CarlD2. Other than, I really think that maybe one of HOL writers are trying to base this character and how he's written on the US daytime soap stable of the "redeemable" rapists/abusers that exists on 3 of the remaining 6 soaps currently on air.

Look at the Warren character: He killed his fiance, Louise and then was "killed" by Claire. Then, he comes back from the dead (after the actor couldn't find a job outside of the industry) and now he's on his third relationship with another woman and having a "bromance" war with another abusive male character, Brendan Brady.

Edited by difficultdiva

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here's a Hollyoaks Backstage video with Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox) and Rachel Shenton (Mitzeee) as they film the scenes where Warren tells Mitzeee all about Louise.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3U9P74zbfaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a recap promo that looks back over the last year or so on all the British Soaps for the 2011 British Soap Awards that includes, Hollyoaks, Doctors, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eastenders.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tW4lxHbVKyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

I know as much as I love the show it's only been within the last 6-8 months where there's really been any actual Storylines guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm intrigued to know who's going to win the awards out of all the soaps tomorrow night.

• Members

Interview with Emmett Scanlan on Digital Spy:

Part 1 - http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/interviews/a320338/emmett-scanlan-brendan-brady-hollyoaks.html

Part 2 - http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/scoop/a320339/emmett-scanlan-interview-part-two.html

I just love that Emmett hasn't romanticized his character, in the way that many of the Stendan fans have, to the detriment of what's happened to the Stephen character. Stephen's a complete afterthought for some of them.

• Members

http://www.digitalspy.ca/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a320637/hollyoaks-confirms-three-cast-departures.html

I'm know I'm probably the only one but I'm going to miss my Alex Carter terribly. :( Him and Ashley Slanina-Davies had great chemistry. I only wish the show hadn't kept going in circles with the Amy/Lee/Leanne story.

The other two, especially Duncan, are just beautiful gifts of fate. Thank you world. Bronagh Waugh has recently expressed that she has been trying to urge the writers to give her a story. Let's hope Philips tells her to shove it! :)

Edited by Amello

• Members

I wonder if they really left of their own choice or if they were fired? Would Alex Carter suddenly decide on new adventures after only a year?

Marquess failed him badly.

I know that a lot of people like Duncan but I thought he was repulsive and offensive and cheap and he's one of the reasons I gave up on the episodes after a few months. As for Ricky, he's just dead-eyed and not much else.

If only this meant the show was actually doing anything of value. I hope it's a start.

• Members

I think Alex Carter did probably leave on his own as he was only originally going to be around for six months. He left Emmerdale because they didn't use him properly, so there's no reason why he would stay at Hollyoaks for the same reason.

Unfortunately, I don't think it means anything hopeful. One word: Savages.

The thing I fear most now though is the backburnering of Amy. :(

Edited by Amello

• Members

It seems the show is finally playing with the cast and mixing up the characters a bit next week. I won't be watching, since most of the week centers on Ruby, but it's good to see different people will be interacting. However, the show feels like a transition period and really needs a new solid story to make it watchable again.

Edited by Amello

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was waiting for you to post that! With Marquess gone, I hope a permanent return is in the cards, especially since I feel Jorgie Porter could leave soon (If she were smart!).

I agree about actors on the show as well. Dawson, Moss and Richardson are the only strong actors on this show. Plus, with Kent, that crazy accent always had me smiling.

And hopefully, on a happier note, the latest spoiler about the Liberty/Ethan/Theresa storyline has me starting to (ignorantly) believe Ethan and Liberty could be written out together soon enough.

Edited by Amello