Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

The "hot" brother looks so much like another soap actor. I can't think of who.

Here are the Savage brothers.

I guess they've totally given up on the pretense of Noah not being campy or femme?

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for posting, Carl.

It's the infamous and mostly forgotten Cunningham sisters! Do you have any idea how that story ended? I wonder how soon after the Cindy abuse plot started. Jude kind of reminds me of Busy Phillips in some scenes.

LEWIS! Mandy's brother, who they'd go to turning into a rapist. I wish there was some Richardson family stuff available.

Kurt was cute.

Was Julie Tony's first love interest?

It's so sad to see that so much history from this show continues to be sorely underutilized. There is so much you could probably do with the Cunninghams and Richardsons, Tony's harem, etc ...

Edited by Amello

• Members

I looked in the Hollyoaks companion from 2000 but didn't see anything on Tom or Kevin.

There isn't much on Mrs. Cunningham's sleazy fiance either. Apparently they got married and then she found a lump in her breast. Nothing else that. There is a great little book called Stolen E-mails where he (I think it's him) reroutes various e-mails to people to cause them problems and gets more and more caught up in it.

Tony met and fell in love with Julie in the first episode.

Jude went on to become a very damaged character. I wish we could see this. Supposedly Bryan Kirkwood was thisclose to getting Davinia Taylor (who became sort of a pseudo-celebrity after Hollyoaks) back for Max's wedding to Clare, but it didn't happen.

Dawn seems like a likeable version of the Mary Sue type, sweet, but not too much of a pushover. I like that both sisters wanted the creep out and didn't feel bad about it. The guy playing the creepy stepfather to be (who had perved on Dawn when she lived at home) is now the boring as hell Owen on Corrie.

It was nice to see the Ibiza stuff, it was so much fun, just lighthearted and entertaining, yet not too stupid or condescending "comedy" like you often get now. The guys are so believable as friends. Tony is so sweet here. I wish the character still had some of that.

I've only ever actually seen Lewis in a few clips from a late night special, which, other than telling me he had a fantastic ass, were of little other use. It's weird seeing him here as just an ordinary guy.

• Members

A lot of the segments of the Justin/Becca affair that I've never seen are being put on Youtube. This is a good reminder of how brilliant Jessica Fox can be when she plays raw emotion and not the smirky stuff HO so often gives her.

• Members

It's completely working. There are lots of Stendan fans, who don't give a crap about Brendan's past history of beating the men he slept with, because now he's "in love" with Stephen. The Noah character may be dull, boring, effeminate and ugly (in certain viewers opinions), but he's not a self-hating and abusive homophobic manipulator. I don't want Stephen and Noah to get married and I certainly don't want to see Brendan "redeemed" so that Stendan can happen.

I just would like to see Stephen grow and develop into a man, who's at peace with himself.

He looks like he could be another "Ford" brother from OLTL.

Edited by difficultdiva