Daytime Actors Who Most Deserve to Be Unemployed

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Hunter Tylo is far less attractive since her return to B&B... never mind the way they have butchered her character.

But going a little off on here, Taylor's return from the dead is something that should never have happened and perfectly illustrates one of the reasons soaps are where they are now. We all saw her pass away on our screens, and they re-wrote history to make it look like she never died. An insult to intelligence as much as any.

• Members

I half agree. When she first returned she looked awful. But her facelift has settled since then and IMO, she looks great now. She is more attractive than Lang and Gareis IMO (not that I think either of them are unattractive at all).

I agree - it shouldn't have happened. Killing Taylor off in the first place was a very bad decision, and bringing her back was a worse one. It all stems from Bell's lack of imagination. He couldn't come up with a storyline for Ridge & Brooke so he decided to throw Taylor back into the mix, and insult the viewers' intelligence in the process. But being a Taylor fan, despite the dreadful "return from the grave" storyline which should never have happened, I am happy to have her back NOW... if that makes sense.

• Members

The only ones I can think of at the moment who I wish would just stop are Nicole Forrester, Susan Lucci (never seen her pre-'90s work, so maybe that isn't fair), Ron Moss, Hunter Tylo, Brian Gaskill, and Mandy Bruno (learn to stop playing yourself!).

I like Blake Berris.. I also think that Josh Taylor was a great actor on Days in the '70s (from what little I've seen). There are a lot of actors I strongly dislike, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that they'd be better in a different role or with some more experience.

• Members

MY TOP 5 WORST :

Julie Marie Berman - the most overrated actress EVER!

Josh Duhon - oh, I won't even start with this one :lol:

Farah Fath sucked bigtime as Mimi Lockhart. She was practically unwatchable.

Christel Khalil

Bryton McClure

Others:

Steve Burton

Cameron Mathison

Alexa Havins

Justin Bruening

Ronn Moss

Shelley Hennig

• Members

Maurice Benard.

The soap press/GH PR dept. still refer to him as "The Master".

Every new actor who joins the show has to give some interview where they talk about "looking up to" Mr. Benard, "being taken under the wing of" Mr. Benard, being coached in the Method Way by Mr. Benard.

It used to make me laugh. Now it just makes me :rolleyes: to hear accomplished actresses like Carolyn Hennessy go on about the privilege of "learning from" Mr. Benard. Sweet Jesus. Are these people deaf and blind? Is GH so invested in Mo's presence on the show that everybody is contractually obliged to pretend that an obviously bored and burnt-out actor (exhausted by Guza's execrable SLs) actually has advice worth imparting?

• Members

You see, I tend to think this devotion to one character or couple is exactly the sort of thing that leads to these ridiculous "back from the dead" storylines and all that, and only further erodes Daytime's credibility.

Re: Josh Taylor in the above posts. He was quite fondly remembered by Days fans in the 80s as Chris Kositchek, which is why bringing him back as Roman reeked of utter stupidity.

Thaao Phenglis.. in addition to playing Tony, I remember him playing Nicholas Black in the late 80s Mission: Impossible series, which I felt was one of the better remakes of any classic series. At least it stayed true to the original concept, unlike the Tom Cruise movies. I still have most episodes of it on tape.

Archived